Radio DJ [AU]

Gender neutral reader

3rd Person POV

"Gooood afternoon my lovely listeners, you are listening to the one and only HP Radio where you tell me your problems and 'my father will hear about it!'"

"This is your favorite Dj, Dj Y/n, and let's get started!"

*Ring Ring

"Alright, we have our first caller for the day! I wonder who they are?"

"Hello!" The Dj greeted beamingly

"Erm- hi? DJ." The caller replied shyly with slight hesitation in her voice.

"Do you mind sharing your name for us?"

"No umm, I'm Emm- yes! Emma!" The bushy haired girl from the other line panicked and picked out a random name.

"There it is! The question is, Miss Emma, do you look like Emma Watson?"

"Erm- haha, a bit?" The caller laughed nervously

"That's what I like to hear! The confidence!"

"That's the problem, Y/n. It looks like that's all I have. Confidence. But I can't seem to let it show because of my problem."

"Nah, that's alright. So, why did you call to this program? What's your seems to be bothering you?"

"Well Y/n, I like someone. But I don't think they like me back."

"Ahh, you know your problem is a common one. There were many callers from before who've encountered the same as you, a person who likes someone but is unsure if that special someone likes them back."

"The problem is Dj, of all the people I could like, I like my best friend. That's why I'm not risking telling them because I'm scared I might break what we have."

"Mhh, that's tough. You know, if the two of you have a strong bond and all, maybe you should try and tell them. Cause you never know, they might reciprocate your feelings but is facing the same problem as you. Have they ever shown interest in you?"

"Well, we kind of flirt from time to time. But I'm not sure if it's just playful flirting or they're really trying to get to me."

"Do you guys act like a married couple at all?"

"That's what our friends say! But we just laugh it off, we never really got to talk about it properly."

"I guess you'll have to talk to them soon, figure out if they feel the same. Maybe make them jealous to see if they really like you, or maybe decline hangouts last minute to see if they get sad on not going out with you. Just do subtle things to try and figure out how they really feel about you. And if you're sure enough that they like you back, then you should go for it."

"Thank you Dj Y/n, I'll definitely try those things!"

"No problem Emma! I hope things go well!"

"Thanks again! Goodbye!"

"Byee!"

...

Y/n's POV

"Great work everyone! You too Y/n! Have a great rest of the day!" The station Director announced to everyone on set with a beaming smile as he waves to everyone packing and leaving the said set.

"Thanks Jed! I'll take my leave now, have a good one!" I replied smiling back at him while grabbing my bag from my desk.

I walked out of the station building and entered my car. I drove to a nearby cafe and bought a cup of coffee and a bagel. After that, I drove home where my friends are. Our friend group consisted of five members. Harry, Ronald, Ginny, me, and Hermione. We all bought a house after we graduated so that we all live together on one roof.