First Choice

Umm, I didn't know how to end this one...

This is a request.

2805 words

Ravenclaw reader :)
____________
Y/n's POV

Today's the day. I can feel it. I'm finally going to ask Hermione to be my date at the Yule Ball. I'm so excited yet so anxious.

Hermione and I have been friends for a while now, well actually we've been friends since first year, and she keeps giving me mixed signals. I don't really know if she's doing this intentionally but whatever. I've decided I'm finally ready to ask her and just go for it. So, I guess we'll know if she really does like me or not.

I gave her a letter at breakfast that said to meet me at lunch at the Black Lake. Right now, I'm just waiting for her while I stare off into the distance of the water. I smile as I remember the memories we made here where I'd push her in the water or pull her in with me.

"You asked for me?"

A soft and gentle voice said from behind me. I smiled and slowly turned around, revealing the bouquet azalea's in my hand.

"Hey, Hermione." I greeted in a whisper as my mind got mesmerised of her existence.

"Hi? Do you need anything? Also, what are the flowers for?" Hermione asked, walking closer.

"This is for you. And I wanted to ask you a question." I gave her the flowers and she took it before sniffing it making her smile at the scent.

"Thanks for this. What's you're question?"

I think my brain short circuited as every line I practiced in front of my mirror went out the window. I think my mind just had a mental breakdown. In short, my brain said 'fuck it'.

"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" I asked, surprisingly didn't stutter.

For a second, her face turned into an unreadable expression. Her breath seemed to get caught in her throat as the awkward and painful silence told me everything I needed to know.

"I'm sorry, I can't." She says calmly making this situation hurt me more.

"What? Why? I thought we had something-"

"I already have a date." She states, purposefully cutting me off.

"Y- you do? Who is it?" I asked in a hushed tone so I could somehow hide my vulnerability.

"Not that it's any of your concern. But it's Viktok Krum."

"Oh."

I said, disappointment and sadness laced in my voice, keeping a straight face as my insides felt like it was burning and being drowned in acid as my heart didn't feel like beating for anyone anymore.

I mean, if you asked anyone who'd they choose, they'd a hunderd percent choose him over me.

She scoffs with a scowl. "Oh grow up, L/n!" She shouts making me flinch in surprise. She's never done that to me before.

"Grow up? I wasn't even doing anything!" I poorly defended myself.

She scoffed at my pathetic response. "Don't at like that, all of a sudden."

"Act like what?!"

"I'm not your last choice!" She exclaims raising a brow.

It's because you're my first choice, idiot!

"Oh- I, erm. I understand." I replied, looking down so that I could hide my teary eyes.

"I'm sorry for bothering you and wasting your time. I'm just gonna, go." I stated more firmly as I ran to my dorm to cry my eyes out where no on can bother me.