Chapter 88 - Breaking Point

Start from the beginning

The crown prince was trying to think about anything he might have done to upset Pier again.

"Your highness, the young master will be back-."

"No..." He quickly interjected.

"I cannot afford to lose Pier again." He spoke without thought and a pang of pain had stricken Elena's chest.

"Have there been updates from your territory?" He asked the lady and Elena hesitated before shaking her head.

The Marquis Territory had experienced the worst blizzard mankind had ever seen. It damaged so many properties and it also buried the entire place in such a deep snow that seemed to never leave nor melt.

Everyone was busy trying to look for solutions and coping up with the loss but Elena was prioritizing the search for the missing noble who did not show up in the past three days.

Because aside from the fact that it was a request from the crown prince himself, Elena desired to do whatever Asher told her.

She was now desperate to gain Asher's favor again.

Seeing how the prince made little to no efforts in pursuing her ever since Pier's disappearance months ago, she felt her place beside the prince narrow down into the tiniest place.

This was one of the times where all she could do was sit and give Asher comforting words while trying to lessen the distress he felt.

"What if something bad happened to him..." The prince combed his fingers through his hair a couple of times making it disheveled.

It was an unsettling thought.

Pier couldn't be found again.

"The young master is powerful enough to protect himself, your highness." Elena spoke gently as she stood up from her seat and approached the prince. She touched his arms and Asher paused for a second.

"That's right... Pier will be able to protect himself and he would return safely." He sighed. His head was hurting again. The nightmares were no longer assaulting him but that resulted in the prince's disturbed sleep.

He was still in the process of recuperating from the mental damage and now that Pier had gone missing again, Asher couldn't rest.

"That is correct, your highness. Maybe we can have tea with the young master when he returns." Elena tried to coax the prince into calmness.

However, she also halted when Asher's look darkened.

"Enough with the harassment towards him. I don't want to see you burning him with the tea again." He spoke with a tone of viciousness.

Of course, that would be the first thing Asher would think of.

Elena had been known to constantly embarrass and bully the young master during tea times and hearing the lady speak about spending tea parties with Pier.

"My lady... Please refrain from making any scenes with the young master. I've had enough of the pathetic display." He removed Elena's hand from his arm and Asher went to sit on the chair of his study table.

"You're mistaken, your highness! I would no longer do that!" She defended herself.

Even if she did, Elena knew she couldn't even take advantage of Pier anymore.

The young master himself had become too smart that he did not have to move a single finger and she would come crumbling down like a poorly built wall.

Asher eyed her with an observant look making Elena flinch in anxiety.

"I've been ignoring your harassment towards him for the past years thinking Pier needed to know his place. But as I come into a better perspective, I see that it was mostly my fault for allowing you to do that." He spoke with a serious tone.