Chapter 86 - Heal

Start from the beginning

Opening the door, Pier was immediately greeted by a glowing bubble surrounding the still unconscious knight.

Gideon looked comfortable as he slept on the extra bed provided.

"When will you wake up?" Pier asked and he sat on the bed's edge where Gideon's head was laid.

His fingers combed the knight's hair and he closed his eyes.

He missed Gideon too.

The childlike and annoying knight that spoke to him all day had been asleep far longer than he had been.

"Melfar, do you know why Gideon is still unconscious?" Pier continued to sift Gideon's hair in his fingers and occasionally rub his forehead gently.

However, he got no response from the phoenix. Melfar was once quiet too.

It felt empty. Everything was gloomy and barren.

No one was here to speak with him but he wasn't that mindful about it.

Pier just wanted someone to maybe talk with him.

Clack!

He instantly turned his head to the window of his room where the veranda was located.

The lights were dim and the room was engulfed in darkness too, thus not allowing him to see clearly what was outside despite his enhanced vision.

"Who's there?" His voice was authoritative and strong.

Yet he got no response.

Clack!

The window sounded again and this time, Pier saw it vibrate slightly.

Getting up from the bed, he went to inspect what was outside.

"Hmmm?" Standing right outside the window and standing on the veranda's floor was a small bird.

A small crow to be exact.

"Kraa!" It flapped its wings multiple times when it met with Pier's gaze.

"Hello, are you lost?" Pier opened the window and crouched down to scoop the bird in his arms.

Truthfully, having random creatures appear outside his window would normally be dangerous. Assassination attempts are usually made towards high ranking nobles during winter since finding the culprit would be hard.

But he could not feel any foreboding feeling that something bad would happen to him. Fluffy and Melfar did not wake up either.

The crow continued to sound while flapping its wings as if it was trying to tell Pier something.

"What is it?" He closed the window and walked towards his own bed.

"Master..." This time, he heard Fluffy's voice in his head.

"Do you speak the language of crows, Fluffy?" He tried to joke but was instead met with a rather serious response from the dead fairy.

"I... kurh... do not... master..."

He chuckled when he heard Fluffy speak.

Maybe he can spend some time with the lost crow and Fluffy.

"Master... the crow... master..." Tilting his head to the side, Pier was doused in confusion.

"What's wrong? Do you mean me or your other master?"

"Master... other... master... crow..."

Slowly, realizations came rushing in Pier's mind when he processed the statement Fluffy had said.