Chapter 12

It has been quite a while since those things attacked you. Your mother has been very protective as of late though. She has been feeding you, giving you care, she locks the door when she needs to go somewhere and she and Mother Miranda have been checking on you everyday. Tomorrow is the day you can finally leave the bed after all these days. You're feeling better and your wounds are almost gone. It was night time and your mother was getting her night clothes on (she asked to cover your eyes) and she got into her bed with you. She then puts her hand onto your cheek.

"Are you happy to finally get out of bed after weeks of being stuck in there?" She whispers. You then nod. She then takes a deep breath. "I need to talk to you about your safety. You will have to come with me everywhere. We do not want anything like that to happen to you ever again. I cannot lose my baby. Do you understand?" Mother then explains while pulling the covers over her and puts her hair down a little. You then understand. It is kind of like a tall bodyguard and you might be carried on her hip everyday. "I do mommy." You say as you mumble into her shoulder and you lie down onto her. She then smiles warmly. "Good Boy." She then blows out the candle and she hugs you close. "Goodnight y/n" She whispers. You then mumble something. "I love you more." She then smiles and you both fall asleep.

You wake up after you feel movement from your mother dressing herself. In the bed. You see her pull up her dress from her back. She then looks back. "Did I wake you?" Your mother asks as she gets her black rose and clips it to her dress. "I hoped you would." You say happily. She then chuckles and grabs you. "Now since this is the first time you will be walking for quite a while, we will practise. She places you onto the floor into a standing position. She then lowers her tall body to the floor. She did not have her gloves on. She had nice hands. You then try to walk. You place one foot down and the other up. You take light steps over to your mother.

"It's okay. I'll catch you if you fall okay?" Your mother tells you. You then take 4 steps and you fall front ways but before you could hit the ground, your mother grabs you by the ribs. They still hurt slightly so you hiss a bit in pain. "Sorry" She apologises. After she places you onto her hip and you put your arms around her back and put your hands onto her belly. "Come on. Your sisters want to see you. Maybe we could practise walking later." She then says and smiles. She then walks to the dining room and you see that your sisters are in a good mood. "Brother!" They are cheer in happiness. Your mother then puts her finger up to her lips to tell them to calm. "I know its exciting, but your brother is still injured. He is only awake also." Your mother says as she sits down and places you onto her lap for breakfast. Then they start eating all the flesh and blood again. The smell is actually gone since you got the treatment from Miranda.

After your mother finishes her breakfast it was your turn. She grabs a bowl and she gets the spoon. You noticed that it was porridge. Something you mainly got in the orphanage. "Open up dear." She asks politely as she started to feed you. You want to ask about doing it yourself but you are too frightened to. You allow her to feed you, dress you, carry you and basically everything. She must really love you. You know this already but if you really thought about it. You are the smallest in the house. If your sisters were 6 foot and your mother was 9.6 foot and you were only 3.4 foot. That is quite small for a Dimitrescu. So maybe she is treating you like a baby. Something you never got to experience as one. You were mainly changed, fed, back to sleep and that's it. No playing, no spoon feeding until you were 4, not really doing much at all.

"Okay. Let's try this again." Your mother says as she places you down on the floor as she looks at Bela and points to the other end of the room. "Take slow and steady steps. I'll follow you so you don't fall over." She then says. You then start to walk to Bela. You nearly trip up at one point but you get your balance back. You look back and see your mother smile. "Your almost to me brother!" You then manage to walk to Bela. "Watch his sides!" You hear your mother call from behind before you were picked up. "Well done brother!" She says with joy. Cassandra and Daniela then clap to praise you. Your mother smiled at you. That was quite enough to make you feel happy that she cared for you. You did not care that she was a phsyco killing anybody who enters the castle or threatens or talks to you or your sisters, you are feeling like she carried you in her belly for nine months and brought you into the world herself. It is a nice feeling. That smile meant everything to you.

She then walks to you and grabs you gentley from Bela and lifts you up to her shoulder and sits you on it and you hold onto her neck and hat which covered the top of your head and leaned it to the right of her head. She giggled. "Nevermind that sweetie. You  did a good job." She says with joy. She must be so happy because you are healed after that horrible incident a few weeks ago. She then places your head onto her shoulder as she lifted you down from her shoulder and she pulls her hat back to normal position. She then rubs your head gentley and then kisses your forehead. After she walks out of the room and goes into a basement.

She then goes into a room you have never seen before. It is full of wine and it has a small table with a hallway leading down to two more rooms. "I am just having a few drinks sweetheart. I brought some of your toys to play with here." She places you onto the floor you go over and you just hug your bear she gave you on your first day in the castle. She then notices you feel bored and a bit in pain. She then aws at you. "Is something the matter son?" She then asks. You then look and shake your head for a no. She then giggles and knows you feel bored. "Come here to me." You then go over and she puts you on her lap. "I can tell you a little bit about myself sweetie. You do not fully know what I used to do before... well... kill people. I used to be harmless to them." She says as she grabs her glass of wine and sips it. "I started my life in the 1930s..."