Chapter 84 - Inception of the Dark

Начните с самого начала

Stepping inside the hole a few minutes further, Ciaran heard the hollow voice speak once more.

"Offer?"

He nodded his head and clenched his hands.

"Yes."

"What can a measly creature of the darkness like you do?"

Sensing the creature's distaste in his presence, Ciaran tried to speak again but he felt the creature's presence disappear again.

His magic was now missing a quarter of its full capacity and he wasn't even in the middle of the distance between him and the creature.

Clicking his tongue, the vampire prince continued to head further inside while sprinting extremely fast.

'This is going to take me so long.' He decided to postpone any unnecessary thoughts for now and just continue on his journey towards the center of the forbidden region.

"Do not take a step further or I will bury you under the forbidden region."

He quickly stopped in his way after hearing the voice speak.

Ciaran paused. Not a single step was taken nor did he even try to turn his head around. He simply stared ahead at the tunnel of darkness created by his shadows a few days ago.

"Tell me, vampire. What do you propose?" The creature inquired and Ciaran had to take a few deep breaths since the temperature started becoming extremely uncomfortable.

It was too hot to properly focus but he needed to do this.

"I... I am Ciaran Fenrir Aegenwulf, a vampire prince and a lycanthrope-."

But he wasn't even able to finish his sentence when the creature laughed so loud that the tunnel he created was shaking as if it was about to collapse.

"A mixture of a dog and a blood sucking insect! You dare offer a proposal to the king of serpents!" It mocked him but Ciaran remained unfazed.

No, he already had enough of all the mockery due to his origin and composition.

"Life. I will offer you eternal life in the realms of my void." He spoke and the shaking tunnel became quiet in an instant. The voice became silent and Ciaran took the sign for him to continue heading inside.

A second, a minute, an hour had passed and Ciaran did not hear the voice again.

His sprinting was starting to slow down as his magic was now at half.

If he was walking through the desert of the forbidden region, he would have disintegrated into dust the moment he entered the premise, but he was underground right now. The effects were at the minimal level so he was able to sustain himself.

Ciaran also felt the link between him and his shadows start to thin.

It was until he reached the end of the tunnel that his shadows have created.

There was no longer any way to go further and Ciaran had reached a dead end.

"Is this the end?" He inquired and touched the wall that signified the tunnel's ending.

"Vampire, tell me."

He heard the voice again making Ciaran roam his eyes in the surroundings.

It was dark and creatures who don't have enhanced vision won't be able to see a single thing inside.

But Ciaran can still observe the clean walls his shadows have made.