sixty-three

"You look cute in this. I like it." Kabeer said taking a picture and I grinned, twirling around.

I was wearing a plain olive green dress until over my knees and nude long cardigan and my nude boots. I put my hair in a messy bun with my brown sling bag.

"I like it too. So comfy." I said holding his hand and we were at the grocery store, stocking up whatever we need because I've been eating a lot since I'm at 20 weeks.

"So, can I get back to work now? I'm already 20 weeks. Please?" I showed my puppy face to him while holding a bag of KitKats.

"Even though you look awfully cute like that, the answer is still no." Kabeer said shaking his head and I frowned, grabbing another bag of KitKats.

"This is not fair! You know how much I like my job and I get to eat free biryani! I haven't had ours for so long and-" I rambled while he trailed behind me and I accidentally hit someone near the racks.

"Radhi! Be careful!" Kabeer said loudly and held my arm, checking me everywhere. I looked at the person I hit, repeating a sorry and the person turned around.

"Bala?" Kabeer looked up and quickly pulled me back, holding my hand tightly.

It's been years since I saw him after the argument that happened with Anu. Kabeer was still holding me in a tight grip and staring at Bala.

"Radhi? You're pregnant? Congrats both of you! I'm happy for you guys." Bala said smiling and both me and Kabeer glanced at each other with a weird look.

"Thanks. Hope you're doing good." I mumbled and Bala smiled widely, glancing at his side.

"Babe, I want-" I saw a girl walking to him, almost the same height as him and held a bag of chips.

"This is my fiancée, Aarthi." Bala introduced and the girl smiled, holding out her hand at me. I shook her hand, smiling back.

"I'm Radhi, this is my husband, Kabeer." I said glancing at Kabeer that was trying to smile as genuine as he can.

"You look cute! How long?" She asked looking at my belly. "5 months." I said with a small smile and she nodded, smiling at me.

"Congrats on your engagement. We'll get going." I said after I felt Kabeer staring at Bala intently.

"I'll send you an invitation. Congrats on the baby!" Bala said smiling and I gave a curt nod, smiling at him while pulling my stiff husband.

"I still don't like him." Kabeer mumbled after we got away and I glanced at his dissatisfied face.

"I know but hey, at least he got a girl of his own. No one will bug me!"

He glanced at me with a grumpy look, holding me closely to him.

"Did you notice her look? She has the same curly hair as you, the same chubby cheek and she even have the same face shape as you!" Kabeer said glancing at his back and I gave him a look, nudging his stomach.

"I'm not lying! We are going to change our grocery spot. I don't trust him." He said pulling me in front of him.

"Okay, okay. We'll change and I get to go work right?" I grinned sweetly at him while changing the topics because I do not want the memories coming back and he quickly shook his head.

"I'm going to tell Appa if you don't let me go to work and I'm going to-" I threatened him and he sighed, nodding his head.

"Okay! Only 3 times a week." He said giving a grumpy look because he knows how it's going to be if my in laws comes in.