thirty-eight

Radhi POV

Kabeer was packing his clothes and I already did mine. He was still mopping around about his parents and I just shook my head at him.

I needed to talk to Anu. She's my only hope for this whole situation.

I plopped myself on the sofa inside our room and waited for her to pickup the phone.

Kabeer raised his eyebrows in question and I just shook my head.

"Anu? Hey, how are you? How's Anand?"

"Radhi, I know you want to talk about something. Quit beating around the bush." I can feel her rolling her eyes.

We've known each other that long.

"I want to talk about Bala. He- he made a scene at the grocery the other day."

I explained to her the whole thing. She just silently listened to everything. Kabeer took our bags and put it near the door.

"I- I don't know what to say. I really thought it was a puppy love. I didn't know it was this deep and I'm sorry for the things he said. I'm so sorry! I'm embarrassed, really. I hope you and Kabeer are okay. He's been acting weird since he went to law school and weirder when he knew you got married. I'll talk about this to Bala. Again, I apologise for the things happened. I'm going to beat the stupid ass." She said and hung up.

I knew she was angry and I know how protective she gets over me. Bala is going to die because of his sister.

"Are you okay?" I didn't realise I was rubbing knees harshly until Kabeer held my hands.

"Oh? I'm okay. I'm just nervous for the next phone call."

"Who?" He questioned and I tilted my head, giving a knowing look.

"Your mom? Are you sure?" I nodded and took my phone. I know we looked like the perfect mother and daughter but she cut me off just like that after getting married.

It's because of the ruckus Pooja made at my in laws farewell party which led to my in laws asking my parents and it blew out.

It wasn't my fault as usual but somehow they thought it would be better to cut me off from the family?

I just accepted. I can't fight with them anymore.

"Radhi? How are you?" My mom's voice boomed from the phone and I was startled.

I zoned out.

"Hi mom. I'm fine. Hope you're doing good." I said in a shaky voice. I haven't heard my mom's for a while.

"We're good. So, why you called?"

"Have you been talking to people that I didn't visit you since I got married?" I asked directly like I always do.

"Uh- maybe once or two. But you never did visit us."

"You told me not to come anymore. YOU cut me off then how am I suppose to visit you?" I question and tried my best to keep calm.

"But you should've. I got you married with Kabeer and now you're listening to him to everything he says like a dog?"

Kabeer jerked on her tone and he asked me to hung up. I shook my head and stood up, pacing around the room.

"Let me make something clear, you married me to Kabeer saying that he's the best for me and yes, he is and I thanked you for it. But, he's my husband, of course I listen to him and it was YOUR niece made a ruckus at the party! You didn't even call me once after knowing what happened! You didn't even ask Perima what happened!"