forty-five

Radhi POV

"Why you keep looking at me like that?" I asked Kabeer who was staring at me intently, playing with my hair.

"I like your hair falling at the side of your face." He whispered, looking at me. He's been acting weird for the past few days.

He's been staring at me, clinging to me much more than he usually is.

"Is everything okay? You've been weird." I said clinging my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"I'm fine. Let's go shower!" He said lifting me. I shrieked.

"I already did and we're going to be late for Anu's wedding!" I said pinching him but he didn't budge at all.

"I don't care. I want you with me." He grinned and slammed the door behind us.

After an hour or maybe more, we were getting ready for Anu's wedding.

I wore a off white lehenga, exactly the same as Sakshi's wedding. Kabeer wore a off white sherwani, looking drool worthy.

Was he nervous about today?

"You're nervous that you might meet Bala?" He looked at me.

"Why would I be? I'm married to you. He should be worried about me." I chuckled at his respond. He's ready to lunge on someone.

"Okay, big guy. Let's go, and come back home as soon as possible because I want to make coffee and eat the cheesecake!" I said pulling him excitedly and he just laughed, but pulled me back for a tight hug.

His hug was weirdly tight.

"I've actually been feeling a little uneasy." He mumbled and I looked at him, he was off. Not as usual.

"Okay, let's stay home."

"No. We'll go and come back soon. Anu would be disappointed if you didn't go." I stared at him for a while.

"You sure? I'll talk to her."

"I'm fine, Jaan. Let's go." He pulled me towards the door. He held my hand along the way to the wedding.

He didn't let me go anywhere. He clung to me the whole wedding and I didn't say anything.

I didn't see Bala or my mom anywhere either. I know they would've been invited too.

Anu and Anand made a beautiful couple. Tears welled up in my eyes, seeing her getting married. My sister from another mother.

"I forgot my phone in the car. I'll be right back and I love you." Kabeer whispered kissing my cheek and I jerked when he said I love you.

He doesn't casually say it in the public. He never do.

I turned around, looking for him and he was smiling from the car.

He turned left and right, as soon as he walked a car came out of nowhere.

Bam! He flew and fell at least a few feet from the car.

My heart stopped. The noise kept ringing in my ears. People jerked at the noise and I heard someone calling the ambulance.

I couldn't move for a while until I realised what happened.

"KABEER NO!" I ran as fast as I could to him. I quickly pulled him to my lap, the dumbass actually smiled at me.

There was blood everywhere. Blood was trickling from his head. The damn car just left without stopping. The person didn't even try to help.

"Kabeer? You're okay. The ambulance is on the way. You're okay. Hold on." I kept talking to him. I held his hand tightly until we got into the ambulance.