forty-three

Kabeer POV

"Do we really need this? I mean, we can use the normal one at home." Radhi asked for the 5th time. Staring at it with her arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes at her. She wants something but she never gets it for herself.

"Jaan, not bragging but with the money we have, we can buy the whole store! Take this. You wanted the cool one right?" I called the manager and he took care of it.

Perks of being known.

I dragged her to the stand mixers and she looked at me. "What? You wanted it so, we're buying it. Go choose."

"Okay, okay no need to be bossy!" She said pinching my arm and I yelped, rubbing my arm. She strolled around, dragging me with her.

"Uu! This one looks cool! See, we it has digital timer and we can make pasta too!" She grinned excitedly, pointing at the mixer and that's it.

The excited face of hers. That's the only thing I need.

We bought a bunch of coffee capsules, sugar syrups and baking trays. She shrieked excitedly with her iced coffee in her hands.

"You're going to be my lab rat! Be prepared, mister." She nudged me and I chuckled looking at her so excited.

Who knew something simple would make her so happy.

"How come you don't have so many cars?" She asked suddenly.

"You want a new one? Let's go." I almost turned when she yelled frantically.

"No! No! I'm just curious why you don't have so many. Usually, guys like you loves to have way too many cars" she asked looking at me.

"Good question. I never thought I needed more than 2? I have my Maserati and the Range Rover. That's enough. Why spend too much on things that I'm going to use occasionally?" I mean, it's true. Why would I?

"And this is why you're the perfect man for me. Ugh, you don't know how many times people have assumed you have at least 10 cars. My relatives always asks me weird questions." She groaned, annoyed.

Yes, I can buy any car but do I really need it? Rather donate it to the needs.

We arrived at home, she excitedly organises everything, a small coffee section at the corner of the kitchen counter.

We were going through the manual book for the coffee machine and we heard the bell ring.

She looked at me and I looked at her, both of us questioning the mystery presence behind the doorbell.

"Who would visit us?" She asked and I shrugged, went to the door.

I opened the door and there stood the person I don't Radhi to ever meet.

I looked at her with a cold face. I almost slammed the door back but I can hear Radhi's footsteps trailing behind me.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" She looked at Radhi up and down.

"Is this how you dress at home? Where's your pants? And didn't I threw all your shirts away?" Her voice boomed and I can feel Radhi shrinking behind me.