twenty

I groaned and pushed my frizzy hair back that was covering my face.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I switched my position by turning around and put my face on the cold hard pillow that was next to me but was oddly warm.

Again, jerking my head wanting to yell, I saw Kabeer staring at me with amusement.

I looked at him and slept on my stomach on the other side while sprawled like a starfish.

"I'm tired, and my back hurts like shit. Please don't let me get out of this bed." I murmured and continued sleeping but as soon as I was awake, my body was killing me.

My feet, my back and my neck hurt the most.

I hummed on the warm sensation that was running through my back. I smiled a little when my neck was massaged.

"You sleeping like a starfish won't get your back better, Radhi." Kabeer said softly while slowly massaging my back. I felt his fingers pressing lightly along my spine.

"I know. I'll be up in a minute." I said and curled up into a ball. I almost fell back asleep.

My phone rang loudly and I jerked up, while throwing the blanket away.

I peeled my eyes open and looked at the screen, it was my mom. I coughed away my sleepy voice, stretched my body and picked up the phone.

"You just woke up? It's already 11am! What did you give your husband to eat? You should've showered and ready for the day." My mom started scolding and I just stared at Kabeer.

"Thank you for asking how I'm doing and yes, WE just woke up because we were tired. If you want to scold me, scold you son in law too." I said blankly, threw my phone at Kabeer and curled inside the blanket.

My mom can be a lot to handle.

I heard Kabeer laughing and humming at my mom. Not being able to sleep, I lazily stood up and walked to the bathroom.

I took a hot shower, brushed my teeth and washed my hair. I wrapped the towel around my body and partially dried my hair.

It took me a second to remember where I am and I cursed myself for forgetting my clothes.

I slowly jerked the bathroom door and looked around the room. The bed was made and the door was closed. Assuming he went out to the other bathroom, I walked out and walked to the closet.

I froze when I saw Kabeer standing shirtless with his jeans on and I stood awkwardly watching his back facing me.

I really, really wanted to run away but my feet were glued to the floor.

Thank god I shaved my legs, if not I would've looked like a gorilla right now.

He wore a shirt over his head and turned around.

"Uhh- I need my clothes so," I gestured at my clothes and took it as quickly as I could while he just stood there, watching me.

I felt my insecurities creeping in.

"Can you stop looking at me? I know I'm ugly with this flabby arms, big thighs and my fatty stomach. This is why I always wear clothes bigger than my size. So that I won't get judged or laughed at. So, please can you stop looking at me like that?" I bursted.

He just crossed his arms and leaned on the island in the middle of the closet. His eyes looking at me directly.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I whispered and bite my lips.

He didn't deserve my outburst.

"Why is that you always assume people look at you differently and not because you're beautiful? Or smart?" He looked at me with a serious face.

Before I could say anything, he lift me up easily and made me sit on the island.

He crashes his lips on mine and I shuddered, not moving my lips. He pulled me closer, lightly tugging my hair and gracing his fingers along my shoulders.

I kissed him back slowly and gripped his arm to balance myself. He kissed softly and passionately while parting my legs open, pulling me closer until my chest was pressed on him.

I felt sparks and tingles everywhere in my body.

I could feel his heartbeat thumping due to our closeness. He lightly tilted my head leaving kisses along my neck until my chest.

I hummed slowly when he sucked near my chest while his other hand lightly graced along my leg.

I almost lost my breath when he finally let me go.

We leaned our foreheads together while gasping for air. My face reddened from the sensation.

"You're bloody beautiful. I hope you will see yourself the way I see you one day." With that, he put me down and walked out of the room.

The whole day, he sat in his office room while I just watched Marvel movies, not knowing what to do.

I didn't know whether I should be upset or not but I can feel he's frustrated at me.

I sat crisscrossed on the couch and threw a popcorn at the tv. "Stupid stupid Starlord!" I groaned frustratedly and threw another one.

Why would he punch Thanos when they almost got the infinity gauntlet?!

"Big fan of Marvel?" He asked sitting beside me.

I froze when he held my feet, massaging it softly.

"Yup since I was 12. Always the first one to watch any newest Marvel movie." I said awkwardly without making any eye contact with him.

I feel awkward and guilty at him.

"Mum invited us for dinner with them. So, we should get ready now." He said softly and I quickly switched off the tv.

I put the pillows properly at it's place and followed him to our room.

We were on our way to his parents house and the car was dead silent. I couldn't take the silence anymore.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a frustrating human. It's just-" I started talking and

"No. Stop. Don't apologise for letting your emotions out. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad and I will never judge you for who you are, Radhi. Sorry for shutting myself in the office. I just hated seeing you being insecure when all I want to do is make you feel safe and comfortable." He turned to me right after the car stopped. He kissed on my cheek and held my hand.

I didn't know what to say.

I hate how genuine and nice he is. The way his eye glistens when he talks and always putting his whole attention on me is just more than I asked for.

I remember the days I prayed and cried for a good loving husband.

For someone that will finally love me for who I am and keeps me safe from whatever bullshit comes.

I think I've found the one.