fifty-seven

Radhi POV

"Wake up sleepyhead! Let's go for brunch!" I yelled dramatically, laying on top of Kabeer, who was sleeping on his stomach.

"Radhi! Don't jump around! You're still healing." Kabeer mumbled and pinched my arm.

I yelped pinching him back. He likes to flick my nose but lately, he likes to pinch me when I don't listen to him.

"It's been over 2 months. I'm fine. Wake up! Let's go outt!" I said slapping his back. He grumbled and pulled me to his side.

He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. Squishing me on his side.

"Since when you get excited going out? There's literally other people out there besides us." He said mockingly since I don't go out that much.

"I just wanted a different vibe and brunch means good food. You like food! Come on, let's go!" I made puppy eyes and he smiled looking at me.

"Okay, okay let's go." He said waking up and I got dressed while he slowly walked to the bathroom. He really likes to sleep.

He'll be out like a light if there's a chance to sleep.

I wore a black satin lace top, dark blue skinny and a long knitted beige cardigan. I put my hair in a messy bun, leaving a few curly strands at the sides. I put on my maroon lipstick and black heels.

I waited for him in the living room, scrolling through my phone lazily. I looked up and-

"Now I know why I don't want to go out." I whispered looking at him. He looks way too good for a brunch.

"What? You don't want to go? I sacrificed my sleep!" He said dramatically looking at me. I gave him a straight face.

He was wearing a black shirt, layered on beige shirt that had the sleeves rolled until his elbows and cropped black pants.

He never had a dull moment with his dressing style unless it's at home which is sweatpants all the way. But he looks a little too good today.

"You look way too good for brunch." I mumbled looking at him. He laughed and pulled me up, kissing my cheek.

"You look beautiful too, Jaan. Let's go eat!" He said pulling me towards the door.

We arrived at a cute cafe and I smiled, when the coffee smell hit my face. Smell of heaven!

We sat down on the far corner, a little far away from everyone. It was cozy and small, Kabeer looked like he was out of place since he's back again with his growing beard.

I really think that's he's coping mechanism. He grows beard whenever he feels sad or angry. Now he's in a phase since my surgery and I just let him be.

"You've been staring too long." He flicked my nose across the table. I grinned at him, sipping my coffee. He continues eating his croissant, looking around.

"You're getting it everywhere." I mumbled, flicking the flakes off his shirt. He's a child when he eats, always spilling it everywhere.

"These things are too crumbly! But it's good." He whispered the last part and shoved everything inside his mouth.

"I remember a story. A funny one." I convinced Kabeer, who was already looking at me with a vibe of who's he's going to add on his hate list.

"Before you, there was this guy that mom insisted on marrying. He was a pilot and he took 3 years to tell me his decision and-"