twenty-eight

It's been 5 days since Kabeer left for his trip and I haven't had good sleep since.

The girls came over the other day, bringing champagne and snacks. We had loads of fun watching movies, sobbing over Avengers Endgame when Iron Man died.

We're the bunch of nerds that you can't guess that we're nerds.

Amy announced out of nowhere that she was engaged, Sakshi told us that she's already 4 months pregnant and Anu is seeing someone serious.

"We did it. I actually wore the lingerie and stood in front of him." I said hiding my face behind the pillow.

"I knew the day when you walked awkwardly into the office. I wonder how many times you guys went?" Amy wiggled her eyebrows playfully and I threw a pillow at her.

"That is a sign that they had sex so many times." Sakshi butted in while stuffing ice cream.

"All of us are finally in a stage where we always wanted to be in. How blessed and grateful we are." Anu said with a big smile. All of us nodded, agreeing with Anu.

Amy and I were working at one of the hotels, guarding and checking one of the VIP events.

Some of them knew me as Kabeer's wife and some of them didn't. Amma and Appa have been travelling around the world just like how they wanted to.

After the chaotic mess happened at the farewell party, they made me feel better and actually went to my parents house and talked about it.

They had a huge argument over it and somehow it settled subtly. Kabeer wouldn't let me go there and I do Facetime my mom sometimes.

We were cleaning some of the things but I felt a weird vibe around me. I looked around for suspicious thing but there weren't anything weird.

I shrugged it off but I called Kabeer. He picked up at the first ring.

"Hello, Jaanu! How are you? I miss you and can't wait to be home with you." He said excitedly and I chuckled.

"I'm good and I assume you're good too since you're way too chirpy. But I have this weird vibe around me today. I feel like someone is following me but I already looked around, nothing is weird." I assured him without losing my cool.

"Where are you now? Do you have someone with you? I don't like that you're out alone without me being near you." He asked a little freaked out.

"Amy is with me, Kabeer. I'm okay. Don't worry. I was just informing you. I'm gonna head back soon." I assured him again. I heard him sigh.

"I'll be back soon. I promise. Take care okay. I love you."

"I love you too. See you." But he didn't hang up before giving a full instructions on what to do if something happens.

I turned around to Amy and asked is she could stay with me tonight. "Uhh- I have a thing with Alan tonight, so I'm sorry, Radhi." She grinned sheepishly and I nodded understandingly.

We walked into the elevator together and I remembered the memories of me and Kabeer.

I cracked a smile remembering how he likes to lean on the wall and watch me.

The elevator stopped abruptly and Amy quickly grabbed my hand.

"What the hell happened?" She shrieked and I pressed at the emergency button.

I pressed over and over again. Suddenly it moved and we reached the lobby.

"Okay, that felt intentional and scary." Amy mumbled and stared at me. I called the security and told what had happened.

They agreed to check and they found the specific CCTV inside the elevator was broken.

I felt the weird vibe again and looked around suspiciously.

Nothing was confirming my feelings. I waited with Amy for Alan to pick her up and told him what happened because she was slightly in shock.

He thanked me and pulled her tightly in his arms.

Ah, I miss my husband.

I reached my home and saw a few guys standing outside. One of it was Kabeer's driver, Daniel that brought us dress shopping.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here? Did something happen?" I asked nervously.

"Mr Sharma ordered us to guard you and the house until he comes back home. We will be checking around the perimeter constantly." Daniel said with a blank face. Which was scary.

I thanked them, offered drinks and locked the door behind me.

Kabeer called me later that night.

"Are you okay? Safe? The bodyguards are there right? You ate or did you forgot again?" He piled up so many questions at one time and I laughed at his cuteness.

"I'm okay, love. I'm fine. I'm on the bed, trying to sleep and yes the bodyguards are here and yes, I've ate." I chuckled.

"Did you just call me love? Oh my god, I can't wait to get home." I can feel him grinning stupidly through the phone.

We hung up after an hour of talking and I finally fell asleep.

I woke up with darkness surrounding me.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT" I frantically looked for my phone and quickly turned on the flashlight.

I looked around and everything stayed put. I peaked out of the front door just a little and called for one of the bodyguards.

"What happened? Why is the whole house dark?" I asked not showing my nervousness while my whole body trembled.

"We assume there was a power cut but we actually found that some of the wires were cut purposely and we are working on fixing that. We looked around if there was any intruder but no one passed in. Don't worry Ma'am, we will take care of it." Daniel assured me and by this point, I'm frightened to death.

The power came just like he assured but I couldn't get an ounce of sleep.

I controlled myself from not calling Kabeer because he would be so worried. I kept assuring myself that nothing will happen.

"Just a few hours until Kabeer's home and then you're safe. It's going to be okay. Everything is okay."