sixty-two

Radhi POV

"Why do you smell weird?" I asked pushing Kabeer and he gave me a weird look.

"I don't. It's the same perfume since before we got married." He said sniffing himself and I scrunched up my nose, moving away from him.

"You smell weird. I don't like it." I said walking into the kitchen and he still gave me a weird look. I even sat at a different couch because I couldn't stand his weird smell.

"Do I seriously smell that bad?" He mumbled by himself and took off his shirt, walking to our room. I stayed still on my couch, getting nauseous and dizzy.

"Did I forget to eat? I did eat right?" I asked Kabeer that was walking to me and he nodded, looking at me. I stood up, running to the bathroom and threw up everything.

"Am I getting gastric again? I'm too lazy for that." I mumbled while Kabeer was rubbing my back and holding up my hair.

"But you already ate. You even ate a lot more than you usually do." Kabeer said pulling me up and I laid on the bed, feeling tired. I stared at him while he was walking around and cleaning up.

I'm always grateful for him and we've been married for 4 years. He's been the same since the day we got married and I am really happy with him.

He put my hair up in a bun and I was going to lean on him but he was smelling weird again.

"Can you just take your shirt off? You smell weird again." He took his shirt off, giving me a weird look and I climbed on him, dozing off tiredly.

He just patted my back, kissing on top of my head and I had a weird dream.

It was a dream like I was pregnant and Kabeer was happily kissing me while rubbing my tummy.

I jolted up, sitting on the bed and Kabeer was sleeping beside me with his arm around my waist. I stared at him, thinking what that dream could mean.

I ordered a pregnancy test through postmates and waited for it. We never tried for kids nor talked about them but who knows? I might just wing it.

I got a text that he was here, so I got down taking it and silently tip toed into the bathroom.

I stared at it, understanding how it works and I got the job done, waiting for it.

As I stared at it, I thought about everything we went through for the past 2 years and we have been enjoying our drama free days for a couple of years now.

"4 weeks+"

I gasped, clasping my mouth shut and stared at it with teary eyes.

"Radhi? You okay? Are you throwing up again?" Kabeer asked from outside the bathroom door and I wiped my face, answering a no.

"I'll be out!" I washed my face, calming myself down and rubbed my tummy. I thought I would never have the chance since I only had one tube but here I am.

"You okay? You were in for a while." Kabeer said when I got out. "I'm okay." I said sitting beside him and he kissed on top of my head, walking inside to the bathroom.

I purposely left it on the sink and he would be finding it any minute now.

"Radhi?" I looked at his at shocked face, showing the test and I gave a smile, nodding my head. He engulfed me in a tight hug, kneeling in front of me and I hugged him back with tears in my eyes.

"You're pregnant? Like we're going to have a mini us?" I chuckled out a laugh, nodding my head and looking at him.

"We're going to have a mini us." I said smiling at him and he kissed me repeatedly, smiling widely. He dragged me to the doctor right away, holding my hand tightly.