𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

PUNCH

PUNCH. PUNCH. PUNCH.

"EASY KAT," Demetri gulped watching as Katherine repetitively hit the punching bag in front of her. "Save some for Cobra Kai." He advised. "Yeah, if we're ever allowed to stand up for them." She shot back angrily, kicking the bag once more. "What's gotten into you?" Samantha asked noticing her cousin's sudden change in behavior. "Nothing. I'm fine." Yet Samantha didn't buy that for a second. "Hey, everyone, gather around. I have news." Daniel instructed. "The All Valley committee just announced big changes for the tournament." He continued making Katherine and everyone give one another curious glance.

"What kind of changes?" Samantha asked. "Well, see for yourselves. It's a whole new ball game." Daniel grinned. "They're introducing skills competitions?" Demetri questioned reading over Samantha's shoulder making Daniel nod in confirmation. "Kata, board breaking, weapons display?" Katherine read aloud. "And there's gonna be a separate girls' division. So that means-" Samantha paused. "There'll be two All Valley champs." Daniel interrupted. "Wait, what does that mean for the bet with Cobra Kai?" Chris asked making Katherine nod alongside him. "There's a Grand Champion trophy for whichever dojo wins the most points."

"All I know is that the girls' division is mine and Katherine's." Samantha declared making Daniel nod proudly. "That just leaves the skills and the boys. I'm counting on you guys." Daniel praised. Thank "Who, us?" Chris asked hesitantly. "Yeah, we're a bunch of Rudys. I mean sure we're good for the occasional inspirational moment, but we're not exactly center mat material." Demetri denied. "We were much better off with Miguel and Hawk." Chris agreed. "Or he who shall not be named. Rhymes with Dobby." Demetri pressed making Katherine hold back a scoff at her ex-boyfriend's name. "Don't see yourselves, short guys." Katherine reassured her teammates.

This made Daniel nod along in agreement "Katherine's right. Look, I know you're all missing some of your friends. And of course, I wish Robby was here too. But it's time to put the past behind us, all right? Don't worry by the time the tournament comes around, you're gonna realize this was the best thing that could've happened to us." Daniel reassured making Samantha and Katherine give one another a look. Katherine knew that she was determined to win on behalf of Miyagi-Do and she didn't mind one bit. However, no matter how much she loved her uncle, Katherine knew that somehow things would not end up the way he wanted them to.

Arriving home from practice, Katherine rushed upstairs to change out of her sweaty clothes. "So are you gonna tell me what that poor punching bag did for you to attack it so brutally during training?" Axel asked knocking on Katherine's door as she put her hair up into a ponytail. "Of course, Sam told you." Katherine groaned. "Does this by any chance have something to do with Robby Keene? You know, the guy who hasn't been able to leave your mind since he broke your heart." He concluded. "I clearly know who Robby is smartass," Katherine sassed. "No, this has nothing to do with Robby." She replied, scrunching her nose.