𝐇𝐎𝐓 & 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃

ROBBY and Katherine had been dared to spar each other by Samantha whom Katherine knew had an ulterior motive

ROBBY and Katherine had been dared to spar each other by Samantha whom Katherine knew had an ulterior motive. "Remember, keep moving in a circle." Katherine reminded Robby who just gave her a smirk. "You know, I did make it to the All Valley finals." He shot back making Katherine roll her eyes at him. "That's just 'cause you didn't have to get through me." She smirked throwing a jab playfully to his shoulder. "Listen, I wanna thank you." He said stopping momentarily. "For what?" She asked wiping the sweat off of her forehead with a towel.

"Last week, I had no hot water. This week, I have a Jacuzzi in my backyard." Robby explained making Katherine smile. "Well, I wouldn't get too excited. We did find a dead possum in there." Samantha joked making Katherine chuckle at the memory. "Seriously. Thank you. It's been a little rough lately, and it's nice to have people look out for you." He added smiling at both girls. "That's what friends do." Samantha said throwing her arm around Katherine. "Not all friends." Robby said making Katherine wonder what he was talking about.

"All right, guys. Enough chitchat. Let's see where you're at." Daniel said but his attention was brought to two boys who entered the dojo. "Good afternoon." Daniel greeted. "Hey, uh, we're looking for a Miyagi-Do?" One of them ask making him nod. "You're in the right place." He said making them walk closer. "The commercial said lessons are free?" The other asked. "They sure are. You guys ready to get started?" Daniel asked. "Yeah." They said nodding.

"Great. Have a couple cans of paint out front. The fence back here could use a fresh coat. Robby will show ya." Katherine noticed that both of their expressions changed quickly. "You want us to paint your fence?" They asked looking at Daniel with a confused expression. "Keep an open mind, guys. It'll all make sense later." Katherine tried. "In order to fully learn Miyagi-Do Karate, you have to unlearn your misconceptions about what constitutes training." Daniel added hoping to change their minds.

"I knew this was bullshit. This was all just some scam to get kids to do your yard work, huh?" They asked making Daniel shake his head. "No, no, no, this is part of the process. He tried explaining. "Yeah. "The process." My mom was right. With car salesmen, you always gotta read the fine print." Daniel shook his head yet again. "I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm trying to teach you karate." Daniel tried to convince them but was interrupted.

"Come on. Let's go check out that place with the snake." One said as they both turned around and exited the dojo. Daniel looked really discouraged seeing as he had possible new students. Katherine and Samantha walked up to him not knowing what to say. Samantha rested a supporting hand on her fathers arm. "Don't worry dad, we'll get them next time." Katherine nodded hating how sad and defeated he looked. Knowing how much he wanted this dojo to work to honor Mr. Miyagi.

💥💥💥

KATHERINE was sitting down at her favorite burger joint enjoying the time alone when she suddenly overheard a conversation that interested her. "You see that building over there? That's where Robby was born. February 4th, 2002. It was a Monday. His mom was in labor for 17 hours." Johnny Lawrence explained to Miguel as they sat a few tables away from where she was sitting. "It must've been crazy." Miguel stated making Johnny nod. "Yeah, I'm sure it was. I wasn't there. My mom had just died. I was a real mess."