𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐋

"CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN?" Hawk called out to Katherine as they did their daily jog

"CAN YOU PLEASE SLOW DOWN?" Hawk called out to Katherine as they did their daily jog. She had told Hawk that she needed to burn off some energy yet they both knew it was a major lie. "God you complain more than Demetri and that's saying something. I thought you of all people could keep up." She countered tightening her ponytail as Hawk leaned over on his knees catching his breath. "Normally I can but not when your running like a maniac, why don't we just drop this and go get Starbucks? Doesn't an ice coffee seem appetizing?" He propositioned yet Katherine shook her head.

"You can go if you want, I'm gonna keep running." She replied getting ready to leave yet Hawk grabbed her wrist and pulled her back gently. "Come on, the Kat I knew would never turn down coffee, please." He practically begged which made Katherine groan in frustration. "Fine, but I'm going to keep running even if it's without you after we get coffee." She added making Hawk put his hands up in mock surrender making Katherine roll her eyes at him. "Let's go before I change my mind."

Hawk nodded standing up straight and walking alongside her. "What's gotten into you? You've been even more miserable than you normally are what's going on?" Truth is after Robby had chosen Kreese over everyone he cared about Katherine was beyond heartbroken. Her coping mechanism was mostly spending too much time training at the dojo and A LOT of exercise. Sam, Miguel, and Hawk would often try to get her out to have some fun yet almost all the time she turned them down with bullshit excuses that she didn't even believe.

"I'm fine, I just didn't have any coffee this morning and all your whining is starting to piss me off." She shot back making Hawk sigh yet he didn't bother to say anything as he followed her. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence they arrived at their nearest and just as Katherine was about to order something caught her eye. More like two someone's. "What is this an intervention?" Katherine asked upon seeing her cousin and Miguel at Starbucks waiting for her. "Kat please sit down." Sam said making Katherine scoff before she headed towards the door.

Yet Hawk was quick to grab her waist to stop her from leaving. "Just hear them out." He added using the puppy dog eyes that he knew she couldn't resist. Sighing she did as he asked and sat down across from Samantha who immediately grabbed her hands. "We've all noticed that you've been off ever since you know..." Sam started making Katherine nod understanding what she was saying. "We're all worried about you, even Sensei Lawrence is," Miguel added making Katherine smile seeing as her and Johnny had gotten closer since the incident.

"So we all decided to call the one person who can cheer you up to come and be by your side seeing as you need it." Hawk finished making Katherine look at them with a confused expression. As if on cue a voice from behind her spoke. "Hey Kathy." Axel greeted Katherine. She wasted no time in standing up and embracing her brother letting all the pent up emotions she had been holding in out even if they were in public. "I knew I shouldn't have left, I'm so sorry sweetheart." He cooed making Katherine shake her head. "Don't blame yourself, I'm just glad your back. But won't Emilia mind being all by herself?"