𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

- KATHERINE -

- KATHERINE -

APPARENTLY Samantha's 'friend' Kyler was going to come to our family dinner due to Daniel wanting to get to know him better. Upon his arrival, Samantha was bubbling with energy. I however, did not see how she had managed to find him charming. Which is how I was currently spending my Friday night, sitting at the dinner table across from Sam watching Daniel explain to her clueless friend Kyler about sushi. "The yanagi, or yanagi ba, depending on the region, is a knife used exclusively for cutting sashimi. I picked up this bad boy on my first trip to Okinawa. Voilà." My uncle explained holding up the piece of fresh fish.

"The famous. LaRusso ponzu toro." My mouth practically salivated. It looked amazing, especially considering I hadn't had a fresh family meal in a very long time. "Oh, no, thanks. I don't like sushi." Kyler said making Amanda and Daniel look at each other in confusion. "Uh, are you sure you just don't want to try a little piece? It melts in your mouth." They reassured as I had to bite my lip hard to stop myself from laughing. "Uh, no. Fish kind of grosses me out." Kyler grimaced, and I could have sworn he was about to spill his guts by looking at the delicious dish that had been set in front of him.

"No, you like fish." Samantha reassured him obviouly  trying to convince my uncle that this guy wasn't a total loser. "What about the fish sticks at school?" She asked trying to change the subject as I looked at her with an amused face. "Oh, yeah, fish sticks are dope." He paused looking up at my uncle. "You have fish sticks?" He asked clearly clueless that all of us were judging him. "Uh, no, just this fresh fish I picked up from the Japanese market this morning." Daniel muttered, setting down the fresh sushi. "You know what? Why don't we go see if we can find Kyler something he can eat, okay?" Amanda reasoned giving Daniel a pointed look.

"Sam, you want to come with me to the kitchen?" I gave her the 'really' look as they went into the kitchen without me. "Thank you for inviting me over, Mr. LaRusso. Um, you have a really great house. And I think Sam is really cool, too." Kyler said breaking the awkward tension that was building up. "Well, thanks. She takes after her mother." Daniel chuckled hoping to ease some of the tension, but I wasn't about to let it go that easily. "Where are your parents from?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. "Irvine, I think." He replied confidently making me choke back yet another laugh. "Irvine, right. So tell me about that shiner you got there." Daniel asked him pointing to his noticeable black eye.

"Oh, this. Um... this is from wrestling. You know, I dodged the wrong way, and I caught an elbow." He lied making me look at my uncle. "Is that how you hurt your hand, too?" Kyler looked down at his hand guiltily, knowing that he was caught lying. "No, it's okay. I was in my share of fights back in high school." I chucked making him give me a stern look. "I don't know what you're talking about." Kyler insisted, still playing dumb. "Come on, Kyler, I know high-school kids can be rough." What he said after shocked me. "No, it wasn't a kid." I arched a brow, now intrigued. "So there was a fight." I deadpanned wanting to get straight to the point. "Is there something going on at home?" Kyler quickly shook his head chuckling to himself.