𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

KATHERINE had been working with Amanda despite them telling her that she didn't need to work

KATHERINE had been working with Amanda despite them telling her that she didn't need to work. Yet she wanted to prove to her uncles that she wasn't in it for the money. Apart from seeing her dad almost every day she didn't mind working at the dealership. "Hey, have you seen Robby? I could use some help with those filters." Amanda asked Daniel as Katherine handed her the copies she asked for earlier. "Yeah, he's in the back. He's helping me trim the bonsais."

Amanda looked at Katherine giving her a smirk which the girl returned. "Oh, wow, you're letting him touch your precious bonsais. That's like third base for you, babe." Daniel rolled his eyes at both of them. "He's a good kid, he's just had a rough go of it. And I thought if I could teach him a few things, you know." Katherine smiled agreeing that Daniel could help Robby out. "Well, just don't try to lure him into opening his own bonsai tree store."

Katherine laughed making Daniel give her a look to which she ignored. "You know how that goes. Mr. Miyagi's Little Trees was a solid business plan. We just ran into some bad luck." Amanda shot him a look that made Daniel sign in defeat making Katherine smirk at him loving how much control she had over what he did. "Okay, never again. Never again." He looked at Katherine. "You young lady come with me." Katherine gave her aunt a 'am I in trouble' look to which Amanda just smiled at.

Walking towards the back Katherine realized that Daniel was going to take her where he had all of the bonsai trees. "How's it going?" He asked Robby who had a pair of trimming scissors in his hand. "I'm sorry, I suck at this. I don't know what I'm doing, I just, I don't get it." He said looking up meeting Katherine's eyes. "Hey Katherine." She smiled slightly flustered. "Hey Robby." Daniel had broken their lingering stares. "Don't worry, I didn't get it either at first. Mr. Miyagi had to teach me."

"Mr. Miyagi, that's the dude who taught you kata, right?" Katherine chuckled watching her uncle's eyes light up whenever he told stories about his Sensei. "Yeah, he was a pretty special dude. He taught me a lot." He turned towards Katherine handing her a pair of scissors as well and putting a small tree in front of her. "And what you've got to do is close your eyes." Both teenagers did as he said. "Get everything out of your head. The only thing you can see is the tree. Think only the tree." It was definitely easier said than done.

"Then, you visualize what you want that tree to look like. And you make it happen. That's it there you go." Katherine looked at her tree and back at her uncle. "So this is obviously some kind of metaphor." Katherine asked making Robby nod in agreement. "The tree's like our feelings or something?" He asked making Daniel nod. "Well, you are the tree, Robby. You got strong roots. You know who you are, right?"

Robby hesitantly nodded making Katherine raise a brow. "So now, all you've got to do is visualize what you want your future to look like. And then you make it happen." He explained watching the two teenagers work. "Keep up the good work guys I'll come and tell you when were leaving Katherine." She nodded continuing to work on the Bonsai tree. "Nice shirt." She mumbled looking at Robby who smiled at her. "Thanks, Mrs. LaRusso said I had earned it. Seeing as your dad tried to sabotage me twice."