Chapter 73 - Admit

Start from the beginning

The young master walked towards him and he placed his hand on the attendant's arm.

Caspian watched the hand touch his shoulder and he gulped multiple times.

"How are you?" He decided to ask and Caspian took a few moments of thinking before he was able to respond properly.

"I... I have been good, young master." He spoke politely which amused Pier.

He remembered that the attendant would usually dismiss the old Pier as if he was a child that came to play in the palace but now, he looked like he was avoiding any conversation with him.

"That's nice. You're a good nobleman for helping people in need." He squeezed the attendant's back and Caspian's awkward expression turned into fluster.

'Huh?' Pier raised his eyebrow at the reaction.

"Are you okay, Sir Caspian?" He asked and the noble immediately backed off while covering the spot he touched with his arm.

'Do I smell bad?' Pier thought while sneaking a sniff on his clothes but he could not find any unpleasant smell.

"I-I'm alright, young master." Caspian responded before he turned his back and started to walk off.

"What's wrong with him?" Pier asked as he stood there not knowing what to do next.

---

"Pier, can we talk?" Asher asked he observed the young master sitting on the shore while munching on an apple.

"What ish it?" He asked with his mouth full. He did not find the necessity to talk formally and with full manners because he's tired.

Asher stopped the smile from creeping up his face as he saw that side of the young master.

"Does your head still hurt?" He asked which confused the latter.

"Huh?" Pier raised his eyebrows and Asher lowered his head in embarrassment after seeing Pier's reaction.

"Ah, I apologize. I must have pried too much again." He smiled before looking back up at the ocean. The waves crashing on the shore reminded him of the time he went with Pier to the library's secret passage to get painted by the fairy.

"I'm sorry." He spoke after a few minutes of silence and Pier did not leave his gaze from him.

"What for?"

He closed his mouth off again while his heart was beating so fast.

"Yesterday..." Asher trailed off which made the tired Pier even more confused.

"Just say it already, your highness. I'm tired." Pier spoke while reverting his gaze back into the shore.

He threw the apple core on the side and he facepalmed himself. He badly wanted to get back in his bed and just doze off until they depart from the place tomorrow.

He still had so many things to do in the Central District.

"Yesterday when you were drunk, I kissed you back."

"..."

Pier's eyes were wide as he quickly looked back at the crown prince.

"You what?" Baffled, he inquired.

"You were drunk yesterday evening and I went to follow you since you might get in danger." He started to explain and Pier was watching with horror in his eyes.

The tiredness and the drowsiness immediately leaving his body.

"Then you kissed me... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"