(Misana) Now you're the one chasing

Note: this oneshot is unfinished

There's sunlight so obviously it's daytime. However, it doesn't always mean it's morning.

But in this case, it is morning.

Mina runs her fingers through her hair as she stands from her seat. It's break time. And it's something Mina doesn't really like because of a certain reason.

She sighs after stepping out of her classroom. A cutesy voice just went through her ears just now, and she knows who it belongs to.

Unfortunately, it's Sana's

Jihyo and Nayeon stands behind Mina, looking happy. They noticed Sana's existence. Of course. Sana is a beam of sunshine, who wouldn't see her?

"Sana-ya!" Nayeon smiled, waving as wide as her smile is. She's very good friends with Sana, and she likes Sana too. Sana is fun, and they both share the same energy.

But even though Nayeon and Sana are quite alike, Mina still doesn't like Sana as much as Nayeon. Just because.

Jihyo steps forward beside Mina and nudged Mina's arm with a mischievous smile  flashing away. "Your admirer's here~"

Mina clicked her tongue before walking away. Being teased to someone isn't as fun as what Jihyo and Nayeon wants it to be, for Mina that is.

It's just annoying, really.

Sana doesn't find chasing after Mina annoying. She's very fine doing that instead of stopping by infront of Jihyo and Nayeon. The running was quite tiring but it doesn't annoy Sana, really.

She's been running after Mina's heart for as long as she could remember, and it doesn't annoy her how it's taking so long to reach because she understands that it takes time.

Love takes time.

It's an old saying Sana heard that a lot from others, from movies and from stories.

Sana knows that behind Mina's cold mask, and deep in that cemented heart, there's somewhere soft and kind in Mina.

Mina's good. Sana likes to hold onto that.

Mina believes the alternative, however.

And Mina's belief just grew stronger when she almost hit Sana after Sana grabbed her by the hand. Sana made a step back because she was startled.

It wasn't just Sana who was shocked. Mina was too.

Mina didn't know what came into her for her to raise her hand at Sana like that. She didn't mean to scare Sana. She didn't mean to hurt Sana or anything. Mina was just drowning in her thoughts, she swears.

Mina didn't want to hurt Sana just because she is annoying, really. Goodness gracious, why is she being like this?

"A-are you..are you okay?" Mina asked, hesitantly reaching for Sana.

Sana took another step backwards, still in shock of what happened. She was only able to mumble a little yes before walking away from Mina.

And unlike Sana, Mina didn't chase after her. Mina didn't run, she just stayed there and watched.

Mina isn't annoyed at Sana anymore. Not right now, and not as much as Mina is annoyed with herself.

At the rooftop, wind furiously went against Mina, hitting her skin and making her hair fly behind. She sighs again. And again. And again for the nth time.

It only stopped when she heard the door cranked open. She turned her head towards the door and saw Sana.

Unfortunately, when Sana realized it was Mina who's there, Sana tried to leave.

But Mina didn't let that happen..well more like tried not to. "Wait!"

Sana paused for a second, contemplating whether she should stay or leave. She's still not sure if Mina was really that mad at her or not, you know?

"I.." Mina says with a hand on her nape. "About earlier.."

"If you hated me that much..you know you could've just said it to me instead of doing that right?" Sana said, looking over her shoulder. "I didn't mean to push your buttons, but you could've atleast rejected me in a less harsh way of doing it."

Sana left.

And Mina wasn't able to say anything after that. But she just let that happen because she couldn't say anything anyway even if was given a chance to.

Mina didn't hate Sana, honestly. And Sana never actually annoyed Mina. Mina was just easily triggered by everything because of what's currently happening in her life.

Mina is truly sorry but couldn't say it.

That didn't stop Jihyo and Nayeon from telling Mina to try, numerous times however.

"Come on Mina, we'll help you, don't worry." Nayeon whined infront of Mina's desk. She is sitting infront of Mina while Jihyo is right on Mina's side.

"If you do it I'll uhm, uh..buy you..uh.." Jihyo thought for a while. "A new game! Yeah! That's-that's what we're going to do!"

"Fine." Mina finally answers. She doesn't understand why Nayeon and Jihyo are doing this however. She didn't quite understand why Sana is so important to them.

But after thinking about it, Mina realized that maybe she lacks too much empathy to other people. To her friends, and to Sana.

When she asked that to Ray-chan, her dog, Ray barked, and Mina sighed because even a dog agrees with it. Damn.

When she actually got courage to ask Jihyo and Nayeon about it, they both answered honestly. Nayeon sounded less hesitant than Jihyo was, but Mina didn't mind.

What Mina dwelled upon on a lot is how much of a jerk she actually is. But she gained hope when Jihyo said, "People change. You can too. It's never too late to change for the better you know?"

"But the thing is, how would you do that?" Nayeon said.

After ending the call with them, Mina thought about it the whole night. It wasn't easy.

You know what else wasn't easy? Getting the timing to talk to Sana.