(Mimo) White

Short convo greetings, quick glances, ghosty presence.

Staying was the only and most familiar thing they have with each other, so they do just that.

But they're so close to fading away, only knowing each other's names and only doing what feels familiar. They still talk and laugh, and kiss, but they never fail to realize they're living a life painted with white lies.

They're both aware actually. They are. But neither talks about it, because they know neither of them truly means goodbye.

Goodbye is...an unwritten word to their dictionary.

"Mitang, I'm gonna hang out with Nayeonie and Jeongyeon. I'll be home late." Momo's already by the door, fingers wrapped around the doorknob, and eyes barely meeting Mina.

"Oh, I'll be out too. I'm meeting Sana."

"Okay then. Take care." And with nothing more than that, Momo left.

They're draining in whites and seeing less than one color in their love, they know but neither admits.

Momo sees color in something else and other people, mostly Nayeon. And so does Mina, but to Sana. Yet still they stay, because they can never really find home in someone else.

They'll always be each other's home.

Sometimes though, Mina wonders if they've mistaken familiarity over home. And sometimes she thinks about it over and over again, and if Momo wonders about the same thing as well, but she never truly questioned it.

Maybe someday they'll know.

Maybe it'll take too long.

Maybe they'll admit it.

Maybe they won't.

Maybe.