(Mimo) skip pt.3

Her steps are heavy, lips curled the lowest it's ever been as she pushes the coin down the vending machine. But her expression changes ever so quickly when she returned back to Mina.

Keeping her smile still on her face is hard. This is really against her will. The smiling, the getting told what to do, the everything Mina tells her to do right now. "Why aren't you taking it?"

"I don't drink coffee."

Oh for goodness sake. "You really have to tell me that just now??"

"I thought you weren't sulking? What's with the irritated tone?" It's always the look in Mina's eyes, Mom swears. The playing she do. It's in Mina's tone. The teasing that pushes Momo's button.

It only gets worst when Mina steps closer, arm around her waist, holding tight. Mina's breath tingles on her ear when Mina whispers, and it gets Momo curling her fingers on Mina's uniform. But Mina's not even saying anything over the line.

It's honestly interesting how Momo's breath had gotten quicker with just a simple move. Mina holds Momo's waist tighter, and it brings a lump on Momo's throat. "Say Momo, were you jealous I accidentally called Jeongyeon, babe?"

Momo tries to push Mina, but it's no use. This makes Momo furious now. Mina's assumptions are just growing worse than her other assumptions.

"The guts you have." Momo scoffs, pushing harder this time. "Get off me already."

Mina chuckles, doing just as what Momo told her to. But with a little addition.

She leaves a quick peck on Momo's cheek before shooeing her to replace the coffee with a different kind of drink.

Momo was at a loss of words after that, leaving without saying anything more. Without looking at Mina throw a deadly glare or to cuss at her for that.

When Momo returns, she shoves the drink on Mina's chest, turning her back immediately to leave as quick as she could. She still couldn't comprehend the peck even after minutes of thinking about it.

Momo should've move faster, she swears. Mina catches her hand and pulls her close again. But this time, to Momo's relief, they're not as close as they were earlier.

Mina has asked Momo for her phone, and Momo didn't argue anymore. She really wanna go now.

"I put my number there. You can pick any nickname you want for me." Mina gives Momo her phone back, but Momo still refuses to look, so Mina has no other choice but to do what she has to do.

She makes Momo face her, pushing her chin upwards as gently as she could (Mina couldn't bare hurting Momo further this day). By the looks of Momo's expression and by the actions Momo moves in, Mina guesses she's made Momo upset big time. "Look at me."

Momo takes some time before giving in and finally stops avoiding Mina's gaze. She finds it hard not to look away, and finds it hard to forget that Mina's hand is still holding her, and finds it hard to not to notice their gap is taking the space between them.

The smile Mina breaks into nearly makes Momo look away from her because Momo thinks Mina doing that is pretty much over the line.

"Sorry." Mina breaths. "Sorry Mina's piggy."

Mina giggles when Momo pushes her with a pouty frown, telling her to never ever talk to her again.

But Momo takes it back immediately because she remembers that if that happens, their unsaid agreement of being in relationship with each other will fade off.

Momo forbids Mina to hold her because she's (unadmittedly) upset at the moment.

~

There's an innocent looking girl who fetch Mina by the gate after school with a polite eye smile (and an adorable dimple), seemingly warm hug. And the girl gets a pat on her head from Mina. She clings onto Mina's arm as they leave.

And Momo fails to notice the way her gaze directs at them. She only figures it out with an embarrassed blush when Jeongyeon nudges her arm, asking what she's frowning about.

Momo shoves the question away and starts to drag Jeongyeon out of school, easily lying that she remembers how much homework she has to do. She knows Jeongyeon has known her as someone who despises too much school work.

But honestly, who doesn't?

They walk, and Momo mimicks the way the girl clings onto Mina. Jeongyeon pushes her lightly and calls her a weirdo, and asked what's with her odd behavior. Momo still shoves that kind of question aside.

They came across a food stall, but it's the first time Momo refuses to stop by. Jeongyeon pulls her there and continues her to call a weird alien. Jeongyeon doesn't see Mina with a girl getting blocked by the other stalls, but Momo does.

Momo gives in to being called weirdo. Momo feels weird looking pass the other stalls.

Momo takes big bites of fishcakes. Jeongyeon's cheering for her, and tells her she should join some eating competition because she'd definitely win. Momo finish down nearly 20 sticks, and Jeongyeon suddenly turned pale when Momo calls for 2 corndogs.

Jeongyeon feels like throwing up what she ate so she wouldn't get charge for those. She pokes Momo sharply when they left the stalls, continuously calling her a no good weirdo because she made Jeongyeon a broke person in a second.

Jeongyeon asks Momo what was bothering, for the 3rd time, and apparently, Momo couldn't just shrug it off anymore because Jeongyeon knows that when Momo eats too much food in such fast pace, something has upset Momo.

"I'm just upset about something." Momo's sigh is heavy.

"Don't make a me mind reader, Mo. Spill it out."

"Homeworks and some stuff." The last two came as soft mumble.

"Some stuff what?"

Momo sighs too heavily, and Jeongyeon felt that so she stops pushing Momo to talk, not really one to force her out. And if Momo really do wanna talk it out, Momo would come to Jeongyeon willingly.

Right now, Momo's obviously avoiding it.

Jeongyeon pats her back, tells her she can help with the homework, just as long as Momo buys her a new lego set.

They came to an agreement, a smile appearing to the both of their faces. But Jeongyeon's show worry while Momo shows bother.

Jeongyeon tells Momo to sit with it when they reached Momo's house, to acknowledge what she feels and just let it flow.

Jeongyeon also tells her that sitting with it will be like stitching an open wound without anesthesia. It'll be painful, but it'll prevent it from growing too painful.

Momo smiles at that, gate haflway close, "Thanks Jeong. Love you."

Jeongyeon chuckles, grin reaching her eyes, and a finger scratching the side of her head, "You're disgustingly sweet, but yeah, love you too."