(Jeongmi) Underneath the rain

"It's starting to rain." hand open to the sky, little droplets of rain breaking onto her palm, Jeongyeon gazes over Mina, a smile stretching the corners of her lips, definitely understanding the glistens coming from Mina's eyes. "We're totally not going to run from it, are we?"

They could choose not to and make the rain chase them, hands firm on each other as they run. It's enjoyable, like really; it makes them let their inner child come out for some time. But Mina just finished her hours of dance practice, and Jeongyeon with her half day practice of soccer.

Staying calm and slow is what they really want right now, and maybe their beds and soft pillows as well, and very much some good sleep (and a bit of warmth from each other).

"I don't have an umbrella with me." Jeongyeon knows Mina doesn't mind it, but she thinks that maybe Mina would today because she's tired and maybe she wouldn't really want to get wet and-

"It's fine. We can walk under it like we sometimes do." They don't really just walk under the rain. They dance, swirling around the raindrops and moving along the beats of the thunder and the flashes of the lightning.

Jeongyeon is stiff and creates such funny movements with expressions that would get anyone burst into laughter. She's very good at riding along Mina's playful being under the rain, and Mina honestly swears she admires Jeongyeon's company.

Mina is a dancer, a really good one (excellent actually), but she puts it aside and fool around with her moves when it rains and when Jeongyeon's with her underneath it.

They both like freedom.

There's freedom when they're together.

Their clothes easily got soaked, even their bags too, and they should be worried because their things are there. But they forgot about it for some tiny long moment through their giggles and pinkies entwine.

"Mina-ya?" Jeongyeon's giggle goes away slowly, but her smile remains still on her face. It usually always does, and Mina's the reason behind it. "If ever I fall, are you going to be afraid to fall with me?"

It's a thought Jeongyeon's been thinking about these days. She knows she's not perfect, and she knows there's a lot of things she'd fall from. And wah, overthinking really gets into her sometimes.

She's just thinking, if things fall apart, would they be coming to an end too?

"Mina, I won't." Jeongyeon smiles.

Confused, Mina blinks. "Huh? You won't what?"

"I won't be afraid to fall with you. Even if it gets tiring at some point, I won't." A simple answer, but a huge commitment. "And I'd always choose falling for you and falling with you than anything else."

"That's just.." Jeongyeon let's out a heavy breath. There's a bit of strong thumping in her chest. "...how precious you are to me."

Mina walks close beside Jeongyeon, a thunder clapping right after a bright lightning, "You always take me aback, you know that?" She places a quick peck on Jeongyeon's cheek, and Jeongyeon thinks, it feels the nicest. "I'll help you pick yourself up everytime you fall, Jeongie-ah, don't worry, okay?"

Jeongyeon gasps at Mina's cuteness. Mina didn't even try at all, but she got Jeongyeon all flustered.