(Jeongmi) Road to Vile

"Village Hero." Saying these words were magical to Mina. It always boosted her motivation up to get better and train harder. And to even be the best.

Mina dreamt to be the hero. Of course.

Mina was young, 7 years old, when she decided what she wanted. Those words were intoxicating, sounded so nice, it hypnotized Mina real good.

Being the good guy always sounded so nice.

Mina stared at the sky. Blue and bright, that's what Mina sees. She used to radiate something like that too, when she was 7. "Hero. Good guy. Village..hero."

Mina lowered her head, looking at the shadow beneath her feet. "Why did I even wanted to be that?"

There was one reason: Because it sounded nice.

Merely for that reason

"This village.." Mina teleported at one of the rooftops to get a better view of the village she's living in. "This village doesn't deserve any-"

High pitch laughter and yelps of little kids below Mina caught her attention. The kids are playing, running and chasing each other around.

Village hero. It echoed in Mina's mind. Just remain being the good guy.

Mina gritted her teeth as she grab half of her face. "For what, damn it. To save ungrateful people?"

"To protect, Mina." A voice said behind Mina.

Mina turned, and quickly frowned upon seeing Jeongyeon. "Who?" She spatted.

"These people." Jeongyeon said. "I know. I know. It's pathetic, I get it. Ungrateful, undeserving people. But what can we do? We live in this world, a mixture of good and bad."

And after a second, Jeongyeon's eyes softened at Mina, adding up her statement, "Just like you. Like me."

"You're the only one who thinks like that." Mina said. "They don't."

Mina turned her back to Jeongyeon, looking straight ahead. "They think a one sided thought. I bet half of the world, if not whole of it, thinks like that."

"We don't really know if it's like that, you know."

Mina knows. She does. Everyday, when she walks on the street, she'd hear thoughts of every person she comes across with. And it's unbearable, most of the time.

"I'm leaving. I don't wanna be part of the world anymore." Mina said, motioning to teleport on another roof. "I can't handle the unfairness. It's too much."

"Hey!" Jeongyeon calls as she watch Mina transfer from one roof to another. She yells, "You can't do that. I'm still here, you know?"