(Mihyun) Out of my league

Mina is simply out of her league.

Like for real, for real.

Even Nayeon and Chaeyoung both agree on that, gaze sticking towards Mina's direction. She's three rows away from them with her childhood friends, Momo and Sana. They're all very gorgeous. Like very, very.

The time ticks once, and Nayeon instantly takes back her words, sinking in realization. Quick nudges are onto Chaeyoung's way, Nayeon's sign for her to do the same, because it shouldn't be true and because It's supposedly a slip of the tongue.

Dahyun watches them make up a white lie, again, denying hard. Their heads shake aggressively, hands waving in a quick pace. It's the tenth time they've done this. Dahyun has been keeping count, apparently, so she internally sighs.

Nayeon chews on her cheek, wishing she has bitten her tongue before blurting anything out. And Chaeyoung's face is stiff with surprise, eyes staying wide, and so Dahyun guesses Chaeyoung thinks she should've been more attentive before nodding along Nayeon's statement, too.

It's quite hard to understand why they're trying to protect Dahyun's silly hopeful state when it's very clear Mina is out of her reach. But Dahyun guesses they're just really too soft on her.

Maybe that's why, so she lets them be. They never really stop anyway. Dahyun has already voiced out her concern about it so many times before, yet they still do it. At some point, it's funny. They act like they owe Dahyun a lot, and so they pay her with kindness, but they actually don't. Dahyun can't help but shake her head as she thinks about it.

~

"You're Dahyun right?"

It hasn't been five minutes since her performance ended, and the adrenaline is still high, so of course, Dahyun freezes on the spot, unable to function for several seconds. Mina makes her heart flutter and she places her mind into a cluster of mess. The girl is too stunning for her own sake, it's hard not to be a fool infront of her.

Mina's effect on her is incredibly high. She has only spoken a few words, tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled at Dahyun, but Dahyun's already too lost in the moment. It's insane. But she should stop being weird now, really.

Mina's hand is reaching for her, waiting for a hand shake, and when Dahyun finally takes it, she melts. It's nothing short of a simple gesture to others, but it's definitely not for Dahyun.

Well of course it's not. Mina is outrageously out of her league, so how can be?

"You're a really great pianist." Mina says it with all the means. Dahyun thinks she's collapse anytime now. "I hope, someday, we can do a performance together."

Mina gets called to the stage before Dahyun can reply, but it's okay, nothing really matters at the moment. Her face is mad red anyway, and she doesn't really want Mina to know she's head over heels for her, because she's afraid she'll creep her away. They're on a good start, and Dahyun will truly despise it if it escalates terribly.

"Maybe the great Myoui Mina isn't so out of your league like you think she is." Nayeon utters after Dahyun tells them about what happened backstage. She grimaces at it, having a hard time to believe such impossible thing. But her face softens when her attention is captured by Mina. Dahyun's honestly at a loss of words. The girl is wonderful on and off stage. She flows so easily with the music, like she's one with it. Like she is it.

Dahyun smiles. She knows how it feels.

Dahyun wishes she can tell Mina how she feels.

~

The truth has been aching in her throat for some time now, screeching to get out, most especially because Mina has started greeting her everytime bump into each other. She's so lovely. Her smile, her voice, her eyes, they're all so lovely. Dahyun wants to say it.