(Misana) sweet blood pt. 1

Note: this story is unfinished

Mina have this undying crush on Jihyo for years now.

But there's this one persistent vampire who keeps getting in her way. And it's not even cute.

"Good morning Jihyo-ya." With a smile, Mina hands Jihyo a sandwich. But her smile broke into a frown when Sana came out behind Jihyo.

Immediately, Mina placed the sandwich on Jihyo's hand, indicating it's for her. Not for Sana. And as Jihyo thank Mina, Mina glared at Sana, just incase Sana plans to steal it from Jihyo.

"Hey, where's mine?" Sana pouts as she looks at the sandwich.

Mina looked away quickly from Sana's pouty face.

But Jihyo didn't, so she was immediately under Sana's spell. And because of Sana's adorable face, she decided to give the sandwich to her, "Here, you can have it Sana-ya."

Hearing that, Mina gasped a little. And so she went in between the two, blocking whatever's happening. "No, no. I, uh, I'll buy Sana one. Keep it, pres. It's yours anyway."

Sana grins upon hearing Mina will buy her a snack. The girl always buy Jihyo one but not Sana. So now, Sana's very honored she can't contain her smile.

Mina frowns again when she faced Sana. "Wait here."

Sana shook her head, hands holding Mina's arm, pouting. "I wanna go with you~"

"Ah, stop that. I don't like going with you." Mina tried to pull her arm, but Sana clinged on even tighter. Ah, this damn vampire.

On the side, Jihyo giggled at Mina and Sana. They say they're not friends but they get along like they're bestfriends for a long time.

A second later, Jihyo's phone received a message. It was from the vice president, Chou Tzuyu.

Jihyo bid her goodbye shortly, and Mina's unhappy face just went deeper. She sighs because Jihyo went back to her duties as the school president, and she's stuck with this clingy vampire.

"Yah, Sana, will please get off me? My uniform all crumpled up because of you." Mina complains as they walk to the snack bar.

Still, Sana continues to hold onto Mina's arm. "If it bothers you that much, you can borrow mine."

"I would never."

Mixing humans and vampires was a thought that no one expected to go well.

At first, a lot of people disagreed to it. But for some reason, vampires managed to show they're not just blood sucking monsters. They can live peacefully too, without killing.

If Mina thinks about it, she's much scared of humans than vampires. In this world she lives in, humans mostly do monstrous stuff; killing innocent people and vampires for no reason.

They're bunch of hard headed morons.

Sighing, Mina pushes through the door and picks a sandwich same as Jihyo. She doesn't have time to pick something else for Sana because that'll only mean spending time longer with her.

That's not what Mina wants, but Sana.

"Ahh~ Mina-ya, I don't want that. It's the same as Jihyo. I want mine different." Sana whines.

"Quit it, will you? Everyone's eating the same thing, what's the difference?"

"That's the sandwich you exactly gave Jihyo, and though everything you give me is special, giving me the same sandwich as Jihyo makes me a copycat." Sana explains. "Copycat is a copycat, nothing special about it."

Mina grunts, pushing her head backwards. "Why am I stuck in this situation?"

Regaining her composure, Mina picks a different sandwich. If doing this will satisfy Sana enough to leave her alone, she must do it.

But of course, it's hard to satisfy Sana enough to make her leave. Mina should've really known.

Sana pulls Mina outside and sat where there's a table and a chair. "Because of this sandwich, my heart is very happy. It's even happier knowing it came from you."

Mina pinched the bridge of her nose, never knowing when this cringey outspoken confession will ever stop.

Mina wants to know real bad.

Sana took a bite on her sandwich which made her legs paddled excitedly. It tastes very nice. It's delicious just like the blood she used to have when she was younger.

The blood she gets now from the government isn't very good. It's just fine, but not so delicious.

However, because of the elixir they take once a month, they can go out whilst the sun being around, and eat human foods to sustain their bodies.

Humans have more flavored meal whereas vampires either have bitter, meh, and sweet blood.

Sana chokes on her sandwich. She was eating fast because it was so contrasting to the meal she had this morning.

"I told you not to rush didn't I?" Mina scolded, giving Sana blood juice to push the lump down. "Look what happened to you now."

"I should've listened." Sana says after sipping. "I didn't have a very nice meal earlier. The blood was so bitter so I didn't really enjoy it that much. I think the human who donated was very old."

"Blood have flavor?" Curiosity made Mina suddenly attentive to Sana.

Sana hums. "The blood's flavor depends on how old the human is. Bitter if they're old. The seniors for example. Sweet if they're young like teenagers and kids."

"Average if they're adults." Sana added, taking the two last bites of her sandwich.

"So my blood is sweet?" Mina asked.

"Yeah. But I won't know the shade unless I taste it."

Mina knitted her eyebrows. "Bloods have the same color, how can it have different shade?"

Before answering, Sana gulps her juice. "Shade just determine how pure you are, like how many deaths you intentionally caused and how much lust you have."

Sana then move her chair beside Mina, looking slyly at her. "If you want to know, let me taste your blood."

Quickly standing from her chair, Mina bellowed, "I'm never giving my blood to a vampire. Specially not to you."

"It won't hurt~" Sana whines the moment Mina stomps away.

"Leave me alone!" Mina retorts, already in a big gap of distance from Sana.