V6: Chapter 8 - Who to Trust?

Start bij het begin

Ikari-senpai just shook her head.

"I can't let go two of my best elements. I'm sorry, Karma," she declared crossing her arms.

"I understand they are important but it's just for the duration of the—"

"We need to be ready for the winter tournament, Karma. We can't afford losing them for even a day."

"Well, you'll just lose them because they will be expelled!" Karma shouted kicking the bench.

Everyone turned to us once again, the look on Kozue-san and Sayo-san's faces became a worried one.

Ikari-senpai sighed.

"Let's talk outside, Karma."

Karma-kun just nodded and the three of us walked outside. Once there, Karma-kun just leaned against the wall and smirked at Ikari-senpai.

"You can't just come here make a scene Karma!" She uttered. "I cannot tolerate that behaviour."

Karma-kun chuckled.

"You're just angry because their minds won't be in the training anymore," he said relaxed, none of his previous anger there to be seen.

"Yeah," Ikari-senpai admitted. "Now, they'll be worried about the possibility of being expelled. They will even wonder if you'll pay to save them!"

So that's why Karma-kun acted like that...

He smiled sympathetically, although it was obvious that it was just to be sarcastic.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should've known what effect my words would have on their minds," he apologised placing a hand on his chest. "I guess you have no other choice but to give them permission to leave..."

"There's no way I'll do that."

"They'll fail and get expelled then," Karma-kun shrugged. "Don't worry, when it happens I'll be sure to tell them whose fault it is."

"You wouldn't let them leave, Karma. You'd pay to save them," Ikari-senpai affirmed resolutely.

"Wanna bet?" Karma-kun smirked again.

I had no doubt Karma-kun would no qualms in letting one of our classmates go. But, in this moment I knew he was bluffing. He just wanted Ikari-senpai to give permission to Kozue-san and Sayo-san to leave and attend the study groups. That's why I wasn't bothered by his words. Nevertheless, if it came a moment in which he accepted to give up on a classmate, I would be there to make him see reason.

He could expel students from other classes or years all he wanted. But touching our class was an absolute no.

Ikari-senpai frowned but didn't flinch.

She gave a slight nod.

"... I'm certain you're bluffing," she said not looking certain at all.

Karma-kun looked puzzled for a second before letting out a chuckle.

"... Fair enough," he redressed himself and faced Ikari-senpai completely with a smile, his eyes shining with amusement. "Tell me, you arrived at the semi-finals of the summer tournament, yes?"

Ikari-senpai nodded.

"And you aim for the finals in the winter tournament, right?"

"We're going to win the tournament," she replied resolutely.

Karma-kun gave a slight nod.

"That's good, don't you think, Matsuo?"

"Hmm? Yeah," I nodded not really knowing what he wanted me to reply.