76. Love Is Trust

Start from the beginning

Claude's shadow loomed over you as he stopped mere inches away from you, looking down at you with emotionless eyes as a sharp, amused smirk played on his lips.

"So you finally had enough of me, huh? So you're running back to his arms."

Your eyebrows shot up, thrown off by the ridiculous words. No way, you must have heard him wrong. There was no way he said such stupid stuff, right?

"Did you just say--?!" Your words got cut off as Claude grabbed your waist and yanked you to his chest, you stumbled, caught off guard at the barely suppressed aggression in his action.

"The only reason you are going to meet that bastard is to plan your escape from me, no?" His venom-filled whisper trickled against your ears and you gasped as the implications dawned on you.

No, no! How the hell did he know about Lawrence's involvement?! Shit..!

Seeing that the situation was taking a turn for worst, you immediately tried to diffuse it.

You hastily shook your head, "Of course not! It didn't even cross my mind!"

"Really?" Claude frigidly peered at you with distrustful eyes. You nodded without missing a beat and nervously glanced at the field, knowing you had an audience. Thankfully they were absorbed in their play to pay any attention to both of you. But that wouldn't be the case if this continued to escalate, the poor kids would end up getting dragged into this and that was something you absolutely wanted to avoid.

Claude, seeing your attention elsewhere clicked his tongue loudly. You snapped your attention back to him in time to see his displeased expression.

Sharp emotions were suppressed in his cold gaze as he spared them his signature glare before whisking you away with his magic.

The sudden relocation left you disoriented as you blinked several times to gain your footing, Claude's iron grip around your waist supported you.

A glance around and sure enough you were inside his bedroom just as you suspected.

"Claude-- too close!" You squeaked, startled at the dangerous proximity of Claude and the fact you were pinned against the bedpost in a quite compromising position.

One of his hands coiled around your waist to keep you still while his forearm locked above your head forced you to keep eye contact with him. The possessive way he cornered and caged you made you a tad bit nervous.

Claude's cold eyes were illuminated like twin blazing blue flames in the dimly lit room. Looking closer there was something shimmering underneath, frantically trying to break onto the surface. Was it jealousy? Desperation? Possessiveness? Or a combination of them? You weren't sure but one thing was clear; Claude was overthinking.

You softened up, relaxing your tense posture. "Claude, look Lawrence is my friend and that's it. On the other hand, you're the guy I love. Why would I leave you? Just think about it."

Claude searched your face, eyes flitting all over as if he was trying to spot the lies in your words. For a split second, his gaze fell on your lips and a different kind of fire filled his gaze before he looked back straight into your eyes.

Suddenly you become painfully aware of the fact you were alone with him in his bedroom.

"Then don't go,"

You began to protest but the words stuck in your throat when Claude pressed a soft kiss at the corner of your lips. You shivered, your skin heating up under his warm, plush lips.

"Instead of wasting time meeting that bastard, we can do something more productive, something we'd both enjoy." Claude drawled out, softly sucking on your earlobe. You squirmed from the strange yet pleasurable sensation travelling all over your body, one you never experienced before. In the back of your mind, you knew Claude was trying to distract you but you were helpless against the electric sensation as his lips trailed over your jawline with light feathery kisses, gradually turning into soft bites.