Chase the Demons Away

Start from the beginning

Another time, Yelena had been eating her dinner and had almost let her head fall into the bowl of soup. Fortunately, Natasha had caught her before any disasters could ensue, but it still could have easily been a problem and Yelena could have burned her face.

As Yelena fell into an increasingly worse state, Natasha steadily got more and more worried. Which was why Natasha had been carefully considering their situation and had come to the conclusion that she was finally going to confront Yelena about the nightmares and make a proposition for the blonde.

They were going to bed that night, and Yelena and Natasha were in the hall, about to go to their separate rooms for the night. Natasha reached out to her as per usual, offering a hug, and Yelena wasted no time in leaning into it deeply, her head buried in Natasha's shoulder.

This was always Natasha's favorite part of the day. It was the time when Natasha had the perfect excuse to hug Yelena tightly for an extended period of time. It was not that she and Yelena did not touch each other usually, but it was just that Natasha did not know how Yelena would feel if Natasha showered her with as much affection as she would like to.

Yelena kept her face pushed into Natasha, and Natasha remained with her arms around Yelena firmly. Natasha knew that she was going to have to bring up her idea sooner rather than later since Yelena would surely pull away from the hug at any moment.

However, just as she was about to say something, she realized Yelena was leaning into her much too heavily and light snores were resounding from her throat. Natasha gently shook her awake, and Yelena jerked away as soon as she had realized what she had done.

"Mmm.... Goodnight," Yelena uttered quickly, starting to turn away and retreat. She no doubt was embarrassed about what she had just done. But Natasha was definitely not going to let her be ashamed about falling asleep in her arms or about enjoying the affection when Natasha secretly wished to share even more affection with the younger girl.

Natasha quickly reached out, grabbing Yelena's wrist as she stopped the blonde in her tracks. Yelena looked back at her quickly, confusion in her eyes.

"Yelena, let's try something different tonight," Natasha suggested, and Yelena paused as she looked at the redhead, glancing quickly down at Natasha's hand on her wrist. Natasha studied her carefully for a moment, and Yelena just gazed at her wordlessly, the tiredness shining in her eyes. The redhead hesitantly let go of the girl's wrist, not completely sure if she was making the blonde uncomfortable.

"Why don't you stay in my room for tonight?" Natasha offered, and Yelena instantly seemed a bit uncertain. However, Natasha could also see her glance longingly toward Natasha's bedroom door.

"Why?" Yelena questioned finally.

"I know you've been having nightmares," Natasha bluntly replied finally, knowing that she was going to have to address the problem directly. Yelena looked at her, her face unreadable as she watched the redhead carefully.

"You're tired and have been falling asleep everywhere... And you've been really quiet lately, and honestly, it's been worrying me. I mean... I know that the nightmares probably won't stop just by sleeping in my room with me, but at least you can see I'm there and whatever that was in your dream was not real," Natasha explained carefully, desperately hoping Yelena would take her up on her offer. Yelena just gazed at her silently, a plethora of emotions swirling in her eyes.

Just when Natasha was sure that she was going to have to insist on the idea, Yelena suddenly nodded, trust dominating her expression as she looked at the older woman.

"Okay," Yelena agreed, and Natasha could not help her slight smile as she mirrored Yelena's own nod.

"Okay," Natasha echoed before turning to go to her room and change her clothes for bed. Yelena headed to her own room, presumably changing her clothes.