Ramlah went downstairs and directly to the kitchen and settled on preparing pancakes. She made the pancakes and put a lot of maple syrup on the top, because Yazid liked his pancakes with a lot of syrup. She also prepared some coffee to go with the pancake.

After setting the table, Ramlah went to check on Yazid. She entered the room to a tidy, neat and empty bed. She heard the shower running, which could only mean that he was taking a shower. She went to the walk-in closet and brought out clothes for him and kept them neatly on the bed.

Ramlah also took a beanie since it was winter and decided to wait for him in the room, so she started scrolling through her Instagram feed. She sat on the bed with her head resting on the headboard.

***

Shortly after he left for work, Ramlah changed into her ankara flay gown with elbow length sleeves.

After getting ready for the hospital, since she already told -or rather- lied to Yazid that she was visiting a friend that just returned from abroad, she grabbed her car keys and left the room then straight to the parking lot. She ignited the car to life and drove out of the compound.

She arrived at the hospital and walked inside. She had used two pregnancy test kits at home and the first one she used tested negative, while the other, positive. So she was quite confused. She went directly to the gynaecology section and got seated, waiting to be called in.

Her name was called in by a nurse who looked muslim, pretty though. Ramlah walked into the office nervously. She knocked on the door and someone from inside, which seemed like a female's voice muttered a 'come in'. She opened the oak door and entered the office.

The office was quite big, a desk sat on the tiled floor with a three layer file tray that files were stacked on. A small basket-like cup for pens. Then behind the desk, was a black leather swivel chair, and on it was the doctor, she was a female as Ramlah thought, and was very pretty.

Maybe pretty was even an understatement....

"Good Morning, Dr... Sadiya," Ramlah greeted first after seeing Sadiya's name written on the nameplate.

"Morning Mrs. Suleiman," Sadiya said,  as she smiled at her.

"It's Ramlah," she completed and smiled back at her.

"Okay. Please have a seat."

She sat on one of the chairs across the table and muttered, "thanks."

"Okay, Mrs. Ramlah, what could be the problem?"

"Actually, i've been feeling nauseous lately, constant urination, vomiting, and I haven't seen my period for two weeks," she concluded.

"Okay, for how long has this been happening ?" Dr. Sadiya asked professionally.

"Uhm... for almost three weeks."

"Okay Mrs. Suleiman, I think we should take a test, let me just give a call to the Nurse," Sadiya called the nurse from earlier, who gave Ramlah a small container to pee in, and also took some of her blood.

Later on, the nurse came back into the office with a smile on her face and a manilla envelope in her hand. She handed the envelope to Sadiya, while Ramlah's heart was beating like it would just jump out of its ribcage.

"Congrats Ma'am, you're three weeks along."

^-^

Yo guys!

How was it?
Hope you liked it?
So dear Ramlah is preggy.

Are you happy?

Vote,
Comment &
Share.

Love
fateemah___

Assalamu Alaikum🌹