Chapter 32 - Changing the Course of Fate

Start from the beginning

He had been swimming in the endless sea of darkness ever since he was born.

That was the reason why he was too dedicated in living the life he wanted to, just like what the original Pier had requested him. 

He was enthralled with the idea of living freely, with no chains to bind his feet and no roots to pin him down. He was very grateful for the new life even if it meant he lost his previous body.

He despised Eliam, he hated his own self.

Pier was truly grateful that he got another chance to become someone else, someone who was also brought down by the world but where he can still find chances of recuperation.

Surely he could just ignore the hatred the original Pier had with the world and live with his own life now. But Pier Belmiunde was the person who gave him this new perspective.

Pier gave him the horizon that he desired to see.

That's why even if Eliam had the full authority over his decisions, he still decided to act as Pier and do things that would uplift his name. 

He did not want to place the original Pier in a glass case to be kept from others, he wanted Pier to be known as an entity that cannot be touched by anyone. 

He did not want Pier to be the same predicament as him, as someone who was highly revered on the stage but disrespected and treated as the lowest behind the curtains.

That's why Eliam tried to change the course of fate.

He tried to change the fate Pier Belmiunde was supposed to have.

And he was successful.

He sobbed as he leaned his head on his knees and he sniffed.

He was happy that he had finally gotten a new start. A new name, a new life.

"You're hurting because you tried to forget but you did not let go, guardian" Melfar spoke as he walked and sat beside Pier.

"You... hic... you do realize that I'm not your guardian and the real one is dead" He tried to joke but Melfar still had a pitying gaze on his face.

"You do also realize that if you did not transfer in that body you wouldn't have been my guardian either" the phoenix retorted and Pier stopped for a short moment.

"This does not apply to everyone but..." Melfar started to speak again after a few minutes of silence between them.

Pat

"The past may be your chains but they can also serve as your key towards your chosen future" 

Pier sighed as he once more saw the memories.

Eliam was crying.

He was being violated and he could not do anything with it.

They were all the scenarios he saw before and he had also forgotten.

It was one of the questions he had but he never got the answer with.

Why was his life so messed up?

He did not cease to search for the light but in reality, he was already in a place covered forever. 

His efforts became futile even until he was stabbed and transferred in this world.

He chuckled as he remembered the reason why he died in his previous life as Eliam.

He was stabbed to death.

'Why didn't I die when I asked to but when I wanted to pursue life again I was instead killed?' He asked himself.

What did he do to the world that he would be treated like that?