My Entire World: Part 1

Start from the beginning

Natasha had just gotten her back, and now she was messing everything up between them all over again.

Yelena got into position, putting on her helmet that went with the suit she was currently wearing. Once she settled it on her head correctly, she offered a curt nod to Bruce, refusing to look at Natasha. Natasha felt her heart breaking as Bruce looked over at her expectantly.

Natasha let out a deep sigh as she headed over to the switch.

"Okay... Go!" he called, and Natasha tugged the switch quickly, her stomach dropping to her feet as she immediately got an even worse feeling about the entire thing. However, as the lights blinded her, she could not even voice her concerns.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah!!!! Stop it, stop it! It's going wrong!" Bruce shouted, and Natasha's eyes widened as she killed it quickly. As soon as she changed the switch, she turned swiftly, realizing there was a giant cloud of smoke covering the entire area where Yelena had just been.

"YELENA!!!" Natasha screamed, her breaths quickening as she made a mad dash through the smoke. She waved the smoke away desperately, trying to see what was left behind. She felt like she might puke as more and more of the smoke cleared and it seemed as if there was no sign of Yelena.

Natasha had no idea what she would do without her sister. Life was hardly worth living without the most important person in her entire world.

However, to her pure shock, once the smoke was completely gone, there was a small four-year-old peering up at her in a somewhat oversized suit and helmet. Natasha's eyes widened as she quickly got down on her knees, gaping at the girl.

She hesitantly reached out to the kid, grabbing the helmet and lifting it tentatively. As soon as she removed it, the little girl grinned widely, a small toothy grin shining as she gazed at Natasha.

"Yelena?" Natasha questioned, her jaw slackened as she gaped at the girl.

"Natty!" she joyfully cried, jumping forward and wrapping her arms around Natasha's neck as she hugged her tightly.

Natasha was immediately flooded with countless Ohio memories, the millions of times that Yelena had called her that very nickname overcoming her senses. Natasha was completely frozen as she took in the small child, swallowing hard as she thought about old times and their old, idealistic life together when they were little.

Yelena pulled away from her, her small head tilted as she looked at Natasha curiously. Natasha quickly realized that the girl must have been expecting her to hug her back. Natasha forced a slight smile on her face, reaching out and touching Yelena's face gently.

"Hey, sweet girl," Natasha greeted, not sure what to say but still trying her best to adapt to this situation. Yelena's grin grew large as she reached out and grabbed Natasha in her arms tightly once again. Natasha returned the hug this time, resting her cheek against Yelena's small shoulder.

However, she was bought back to the current dilemma as she heard Bruce fussing over his machine and talking to himself about potential causes for the mess at hand. Natasha narrowed her eyes slightly, and she shifted her arms around Yelena as she lifted her up from the floor and carried her in her arms over to Bruce so that she could talk to him.

Yelena giggled with Natasha's movements, and Natasha could not help a small smile that came onto her face. Yelena's head was rested on Natasha's shoulder, and Natasha felt her heart melting with the affection.

However, as she stood before Bruce, her eyes hardened as she glared at the man. He immediately looked up at her, and he looked terribly nervous and sheepish as he met her eyes.