Chapter 26 - Human

Start from the beginning

"A-Ah..." He groaned as the sharp pieces also dug in his skin.

Blood pooled in his feet but he was already feeling numb. 

Sigh

He continued to take steps towards the kitchen. Blood trailing on the path he tread and occasionally he would stop so he can properly concentrate on his way. 

Was it even a home? It was just a house bare of anything except for a music room filled with music sheets and a grandiose piano in the center.

It was the place Eliam stayed. 

He was separated from his own family because they could not stand the sight of him. 

"Haha" He chuckled when he reached the kitchen.

Click!

The lights flicked on and he saw the table that was void of any consumables.

"I'm hungry..." He started to head towards the fridge. He wanted to eat something. Even scraps of food would do for him right now.

But there was none.

Only bottled water filled the entire space of the fridge and Eliam did not hesitate to grab a bottle of water and jug it down. However, it did not quench his hunger.

"Maybe I can order food..." He spoke weakly as he reached for his pockets.

When he felt the old phone in his pockets, he smiled. 

It was a secondhand phone he brought from his own savings whenever some of the people from the gatherings would give him money after his performance. 

Of course, people liked to give kids money. Children also think money is an important thing because they could buy many things.

"My head hurts..." He grunted when the stinging pain on his body started to reveal themselves one by one.

But he wanted to eat now. He ignored the creeping pain as he dialed the number he memorized on a pizza shop they passed through when they went to the hotel where the gathering was held.

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

"Good evening! Pizza Crusts on the line, what can I do for you?" The voice on the other side of the phone answered and Eliam flinched.

His hands slightly shook and he could not speak for a moment. It was his first time ordering something on his own.

"Hello?" The voice asked again and Eliam immediately answered.

"H-Hi..." He bit his tongue as he did not know how to converse when it comes to things like this.

"Yes? How may I help you? Would you like to order something?" 

"C-Can I..."

"..."

"Uhm... can I orde-"

Clack!

The other side hung up after a few minutes of Eliam trying to speak with them. 

He bit his lips and his shoulders trembled.

"Did I run out of credits?" He asked himself as he tried to inquire the balance of the credits left on his phone.

But there were still some, enough for him to call someone for a few minutes.

He tried to call the number again and this time, the same voice answered.

"Good evening! Pizza Crusts on the line, what can I do for-"