Chapter 21 - Lovely

Start from the beginning

Not now that House Woodlock had officially became one of the vassal households of the House of Masters.

And another Woodlock would become the War Commander?

It definitely meant his demise if the Woodlocks started to get back at them.

Even with the cold winds coming from outside through the open doors of the mansion, he was still feeling hot as his worries were through the roof right now. He was unstable and his mind was running all around the place.

Is this why he was invited along with the others even though they were not from the same faction?

He cursed multiple times in his head as the Headmaster's expression was giving him a frightening feel.

"Indeed, he is the young master's personal knight" Ronnovian admitted and gasps were heard.

"Are you appointing him as the War Commander because of his relationship with the young master, Headmaster Ronnovian?" Count Arman asked with a nervous smile on his face.

"Relationship?" Ronnovian pondered over the words he needed to say.

"Yes! The young master was known to chase after the crown prince! that person is probably engaging in consensual relationship and using the young master so he can climb up the ranks of becoming the war commander!" The Count spoke and everyone had their eyes widen.

Was the Count's words true? Was the person wearing the valiant armor made out of precious materials really in that kind of relationship with the young master?

The dukedom and the royal family all sat with disbelieving looks on their faces.

Was Pier Belmiunde promoting this knight because they have been in an intimate relationship?

Ronnovian's free looking expression dissipated into thin air as the whispers continued to surround them.

But it soon returned with an amused one, his face seemed to tell that he had already won.

"I see your accusations are quite understandable, Count Arman" Ronnovian spoke as he started to walk from the second floor down to the stairs.

Isaac who had been standing beside the Headmaster also flinched when Ronnovian suddenly moved.

He had just went up the long and huge stairs and now he was unsure if he should follow Ronnovian back down.

He still went with it, of course.

"Let us create an agreement since you have already laid your statements before our Household, Count" Ronnovian spoke as he reached the bottom of the stairs quickly and he stood beside Gideon.

Count Arman froze in his spot when he saw Ronnovian's amused face.

'What is this...' He felt the foreboding and alarming feeling get stronger within him.

"I heard your son was talented with the sword" The Headmaster spoke and his gaze was directed to the young man sitting beside Count Arman.

The young noble flinched when he met the Headmaster's eyes and chills ran down his spine.

"If your son can withstand even five seconds against the War Commander, I will accept your claims in regards with our Household allowing House Woodlock to be a vassal household and we will acknowledge our shame" Count Arman gulped as he heard the proposition.

"We will also give a quarter of the House of Master's wealth to the Count as a reimbursement for us not immediately accepting the Count's claims. However, if the War Commander wins, I'll let the Count's claims slide" Ronnovian continued to speak.