Trust Yourself: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"No, no, please, I don't want to hurt you. It's... I'm not safe," Natasha shakily told her, panic leaking into her every syllable as those beautiful light greens gaped at Yelena. Yelena shook her head, moving forward a bit in an attempt to reassure Natasha that everything was fine.

"No, no, no, please, please stay away. I don't want to hurt you," Natasha brokenly spoke, and Yelena shook her head, still approaching her sister from where she was folded tightly in the corner of the room. Yelena could still feel the tightness in her throat from Natasha's firm grip and she could feel the beginnings of blood trickling down from her nostril where Natasha had punched her in the nose, but she still wanted to get closer to Natasha, knowing that her older sister needed her even if she did not feel it was safe.

"Natashka—"

"Please, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to get hurt like the others," Natasha murmured quickly, her voice cracking mid-sentence as she seemed almost hysterical with her words jumbling together. Yelena hesitated for a moment, studying the older woman carefully before moving onto her hands and knees and crawling over to the redhead.

Natasha was peeking out at her as she watched her like a hawk.

Yelena reached out to Natasha, and she crumpled away from Yelena's touch. Yelena felt a sharp stab to her chest, and she paused in her movement, not wanting to push Natasha too far. Natasha shivered violently against the wall, and the fear churned in Yelena's stomach. She had never seen Natasha in this sort of state before, and it was honestly quite disconcerting and worrisome.

"Please don't," Natasha murmured, and Yelena stayed in her current place right before Natasha, not moving any closer but not backing away. Yelena knew that her sister needed something to get her to calm down and fully realize that she had not hurt Yelena that badly. Yelena proceeded to wipe her nose on her shirt, rubbing the blood away to at least give Natasha some comfort in concern to her physical wellbeing.

"Natashka, I'm going to touch you," Yelena expressed. She knew that Natasha was not happy with it, and it sounded cruel, but she had to help Natasha through this, and experiencing a little discomfort for the reward that would follow was well-worth it. She knew Natasha needed to be touched and that the incident had just scared her and made her shy away.

"No, I'm not... I don't want to hurt you," Natasha told her, and Yelena shook her head.

"If you don't want me to touch you, then touch me. Please," Yelena expressed, and she caught a quick glimpse of those pretty light greens peeking out from Natasha's arm. Yelena tried to catch her gaze, but Natasha retreated back into the small ball she had put herself into.

"Natashka, I need you," Yelena expressed, and she knew it was a low blow considering her sister's state, but she knew it was the only thing that would make Natasha touch her like she so needed to do. Natasha had to make contact with her to know that she was okay and to open the doorway for Yelena to help her move past this.

Natasha hesitantly pulled her head out of her arms where she had stuffed her face, and she looked at Yelena tearfully for a long moment. Yelena just held her gaze, feeling a deep stab in her heart.

Natasha very hesitantly reached out her hand just barely, and Yelena knew she did not have the courage to reach out entirely, so she leaned forward and scooted closer to bring herself nearer to Natasha so she could make contact more easily.

Natasha's fingertips brushed her cheek just barely, and Yelena moved into the touch, trying to communicate to Natasha just how much she trusted her despite the mess that went down just a few moments ago. Natasha's hand was shaking like a leaf, and Yelena turned her face, nuzzling her nose against Natasha's palm as she slowly brought up her hand to hold Natasha's in place.