75. Attainable Happiness

Start from the beginning

Your brows shot up in pleasant surprise. Claude was never the messy one. He always kept his stuff organized and got distraught from your disorganized mess that often spawns from your laziness.

"What?" Claude asked. You realized you were smiling without knowing it.

You shook your head and softly said, "Somethings never change. I'm glad."

You turn around and saw Felix smiling over anxious Athy who kept throwing glances your way. It seems they were in some kind of argument.

"Why not, princess, I always carried you so what happened? Did I do something wrong?" Felix asked growing more and more gloomy with each question he shot at Athy.

Felix's kicked puppy eyes were too much for Athy to handle and she relented. Felix brighten up and carried Athy in his arms with a big happy smile.

"If you feel discomfort, do tell me, Princess," Felix asked Athy who pouted and shook her head in dismay.

Poor Athy finally got a taste of her own medicine. You thought with an amused snort.

Following Felix, you side glanced at silent Claude. After making sure Athy was deep in conversation with Felix about what was Lily's favourite colour and far enough, you stopped. Claude cocked an eyebrow at your sudden pause but you didn't give him the chance to question as you tiptoed and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. Claude froze, his eyes widened slightly at the feel of your soft lips on his.

"It's better late than never so.." You whispered against his lips as he remained frozen. "I love you, my angel." You pulled back with a devilish smirk. Claude's stunned face soured again while his eyebrows twitched.

Humming in triumph, you beamed, feeling wickedly satisfied at getting some tangible reaction out of him.

You had only taken a few steps when you were ripped back and spun around with a sudden tug on your arm. You crashed against his chest with a surprised yelp.

"If you're going to kiss, do it properly."

Was all he said to your surprised face before crashing his lips against yours and pulling you into a deep heated kiss, leaving you gasping for air as you parted. Just as you caught your breath Claude dived in for another kiss. This time more rough and hard, almost like he was starved.

Fortunately, Felix and Athy had exited and were spared. It'd be mortifying if they witnessed this.

You stared breathlessly into his half-lidded eyes as his thumb stroked your lower lip, shivering under his piercing eyes that glowed with a predatory glint.

"You should look in the mirror before calling me an angel," Claude said gruffly, another shiver ran down your spine at his deep hoarse voice.

God, why was his voice so hot?! Desire flooded your veins and you tucked his hair to pull into another kiss, Claude gladly compiled, pulling you tight against him.

"Hurry up! Papa! (Y/n)!"

You jumped, mind gaining clarity as the heated haze faded away. Athy's loud shout echoed from outside and judging from her impatient, slightly hysterical shout she was seconds away from running inside. You chuckled weakly as you uncoiled Claude's arms from around your waist.

Athy couldn't have more perfect timing. You sighed.

Blinking away the haze,   Claude sighed in frustration and defeat. Dropping his forehead against your shoulder, he let out a deep heavy exhale and muttered bitterly, "I swear that brat keeps doing it on purpose."

You adjusted the flower crown as it almost slid off his head and laughed albeit forced, feeling your own longing greatly, "I'm sure it's just a coincidence."