Chapter 39: Brother

YOUR POV

"Let's have a private talk first Y/N, shall we?" Gin immediately came up to me once we stepped out of the house, read to leave. Shinichiro gave me a nod as Gin pulled me to the side, encircling his arm on my neck in a tackle. Once out of their reach, he leaned closer and whispered in a low voice. "Now tell me, did he force you?" He squinted his eyes at me and I look at him weirdly.

"Huh?"

"Don't act innocent with me. You guys did it already, didn't you?" My brows are furrowed as I stare at him, confused.

"Di—" Suddenly, realization hit me and my lips formed into an 'ohhh'. Earlier this morning, I used Shinichiro's extra clothes from the shop since I felt uncomfortable reusing my used clothes without washing it. Fortunately, he had clothes stocked there too. Yet Gin must've thought it's because we had an intimate session last night. Though, he hit the nail on the head. Looking back, I saw the others still talking with Nichi and I turned back to Gin. "Keep quiet about it. Do you think Ma will approve of it?"

"Stupid." He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Though I'm indeed looking forward for a niece, Yuno can use some playmates, you know." He grinned and I hit his stomach with the back of my hand, causing him to wince.

Conversing with each other, we walked back to the rest who smiled at us.

"We'll be going now." Nichi said, bowing to them and I waved.

"Take care!" They waved us goodbye as we walk back to Nichi's bike. For some reason, seeing them all smiling and waving at me made my heart feel warm.

Ah this feeling.

Just like how it was before.

I'm glad I'm able to feel it once more.

And it's thanks to him for coming back to me.

"So, who are we meeting today?" I asked as I climbed up his bike but Shinichiro only smiled at me before placing the helmet on my head. I can only sigh when he still chose to remain silent about it even though I've been asking it since this morning.

The ride didn't take long as we quickly reach a placeand parked near the front of the building. My eyes roamed around the surrounding, seeing a fee kids outside. But the sign on the front was what instantly made me froze in place. So that's why this place looks familiar. There's no denying it. This place is where the kids who were disowned by their parents stay. Turning to Shinichiro, and watching his facial expression, he seemed to be so excited about going here. My heart was beating fast in nervousness as I pulled the hem of his shirt slightly.

"N-Nichi, I know I told you about it but don't you think it's still too early for that?" I know he's a kind hearted man but to adopt someone at this age? I'm not even sure if I can already take care of a kid. I didn't even know how to handle Yuno before... and I can't say I've improved in years.

"Too early for what?" He raised his brows as he looked at me innocently. Oh Lord. Why does he have to be this dense sometimes?

"T-This—"

"Shin?" I was cut off immediately by the voice of someone calling his name. We both turned our heads to the side and I saw a tanned boy with white hair and large purple eyes as he stare at us blankly.

"Izana. How have you been?" I heard Shinichiro ask him and smiled. He knows him?

"I've been good. Who is she?" He looked at me and I can feel the intense aura he's giving off. But convincing myself it was nothing, I smiled at him when Nichi pulled me closer to him and proudly introduced me.

"Izana, I want you to meet Y/N. She's my girlfriend and your big sister now." Big sister? Is he his sibling? "N/N, this is Izana Kurokawa. Emma's half brother." Nichi said and I gasp shockingly at this sudden information. I never knew Emma had a half brother.

"You are?? I didn't know your family tree is that big." I let out and smiled at the tanned boy, offering my hand in a handshake to which he took hesitantly. "Hi Izana. It's nice to meet you."

"Hi." Was what he only replied. As soon as we were about to start a conversation, another voice of a boy beame in a distance.

"Izana! Come take a look at this cool thing!" There not far from us was a boy who seemed to be of the same age as Izana with black hair and a huge scar on the left side of his face was waving at Izana as he smiled brightly, telling him to come. Izana immediately came running after him and I can't help but wonder what had happened to that dark haired boy.

I felt the sudden urge to talk to the boy wanting to comfort him as he seemed to be through in so much. But instead, I shook my head not wanting to be rude by prying.

"So how come he stays here?" I asked as we walk to the kids' direction.

"He's not directly related to the Sano's bloodline. He's the son of Emma's father's mistress from the Philippines. When Emma was brought to the Sano household, he was left in this place." Nichi answered. "I've been seeing him for quite some time now and I plan on letting Mikey and the others know about him soon." I raised my brows, feeling excited that the kids will meet someone who's connected to them somehow.

The image of Mikey and Izana with their friends playing together brought a smile to my lips. It must be so nice to see them accept each other despite not being directly related.

"By the way, what was it that you were saying earlier before we got interrupted?" Shinichiro asked and I felt my cheeks heat up at this sudden question. That's right. I misunderstood the whole situation, thinking we're fetching someone here.

"N-Nothing." Feeling embarrassed, I looked to the front, hoping my hair would cover up my reddening face.

"Are you sure?" I nod my head quickly when suddenly he stopped walking. Stopping on my tracks, I turn to look at him only to see him grinning playfully at me. Oh no. "Ohh N/N." His tone was teasing and I knew immediately that he already realized what's on my mind. "Are you perhaps thinking we're going to adopt someone here?"

"No, I wasn't." He shoved his hand on the pocket of his jacket that was tied around his waist, pulling me close with the other before whispering in a seductive manner.

"N/N, we could just make one, you know. No need to get so flustered over adopting. Just tell me when you want to."

"Shinichiro!" I punched his stomach causing him to wince in pain in between his laughs. This guy—is he seriously joking like that when kids could hear him anytime?

His laughter soon died down and I raised a brow at him with my arms crossed over my chest, waiting for him to stop. Noticing my stance, he immediately composed himself and cleared his throat.

"Let's go. Izana is just shy at first but I know he's been wanting an older sister." He took hold of my hand and pulled me to where Izana and that dark haired boy are as they inspect something amusingly.

"You think he'll like me?" I asked nervously. Base on how Izana seem so intimidating earlier, I can even feel that he and Nichi are not in the best terms as of the moment.

"He will. He was just sulking for what I did the other day. Now, come. We're gonna spend the rest of the day with them." He told me and called out to the two boys who quickly turned their heads to us.

Soon enough, the kids warmed up to us and we spent the afternoon just playing and talking with them. Finding out Kakucho's the name of the dark haired boy, I took a liking to him immediately. Though I grew closer with Kakucho because of our interests, Izana wasn't all that bad as well as he really treated me like his big sister as what Shinichiro said. And eventually their little sulking with each other turned out to be fine as they made up quickly with how Nichi handled things with him.

However, we had to leave as soon as it started to get dark.

But not without a promise of visiting them again.

Turns out this day became more than memorable to me. Though it wasn't a part of my bucket list, it was the best to get to know them too and to think it's today we became official to both of our families.

I couldn't wish for more.