Chapter 10: Talk

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Danzai." She called out to the person sitting at a platform at the far end of Higanbana's meeting place. Raising his eyes from the ground, he looked to the girl's direction and let out a smoke of his cigarette from his mouth then smiled at the vice captain of the first division of his gang.

"I knew you'd be fine." He chuckled darkly which sent shivers run down the girl's spine. She eyed him silently, trying to sense if the guy in front of him is on his high again. To her dismay, she can see her commander acting weirdly by throwing her a creepy smile with a mischievous look on his face. "So? Why don't you start explaining?"

It was only the two of them around and yet she can feel a heavy presence surrounding her and it made her feel so small and fragile for once around the man. Taking a deep breath, she collected her thoughts and hoped that there won't be suspicious thrown at her in this talk they're about to have.

"I don't know how to explain the exact details. But last night I blacked out in the middle of the fight. The leader of the Black Dragon happened to be there at the exact time I passed out." She still has no idea on how and why she passed out all of a sudden so all she can do right now is hope he'll believe her without proof offered to him.

"Did you escape from them?" He nod his head slowly as the girl shook her head in response.

"No, I wasn't held captive." She said and met his eyes that stare at her blankly with so much intensity as if he's trying to intimidate her into telling him everything. But she had nothing to hide and so she spoke. "Their leader treated me well while I was out." She reassured but the moment Danzai's laugh echoed in the open space, Y/N almost released a curse, aware that this is not going to end well. Even though she held nothing but the truth, she still felt nervous. She knows. She knows how Higanbana treats situations like this.

"How can you assure us that you're not Black Dragon's rat by now? Knowing you've been in the grasp of their leader for the whole night. For all we know, he could've blackmailed you to do some ratting business. In case you're forgetting, Black Dragon is also Higanbana's enemy now that they've taken Kuro Tenshi's side." He grinned at her before puffing out another smoke from his cigar.

"What do you suggest that I do?" There's no other way for her to prove herself but to obey. And to be honest, she thought it was only right to risk it that she's telling him the truth... but she was wrong.

"Why don't you take this in Higanbana's advantage and rat out Black Dragons as well? What do you think?" Her eyes widen at his words and heart almost dropped together with her jaw.

"You want me to infiltrate the Black Dragon?" No. She doesn't want it. It might cause conflict not only between the gangs but between her and Shinichiro as well. And she never wished for that. Seeing him again was already enough for her but to instantly make her his enemy is too much for her to deal with again.

"This would be an easy task seeing as their leader seemed to have taken a liking to you."

"I have no business with him and so does he with me. I don't think I can carry out such task when I've just met the guy last night." There is it. The lie. She knows there's a personal business with the two of them that could really be taken to their gang's advantage if ever. But she don't want to do it. If she took this offer, this time she'd purposely betray him. And she never wanted to see that look on his face ever again. Not when she still loves the man after all these years.

"Y/N, I don't think that's the answer I'm looking for." From the corners, members of the gang started to appear and walked towards her. Her heart raced in an instant she spot them, clearly knowing where this is going.

"Dan—what the hell?!" She didn't get to finish her sentence when her captain held her down to the ground with her left arm twisted to her back. "Let go of me, Tomoe!" She glared at the guy.

"No can do, Princess. You know how this works." He only gave her a smile and she can feel her face paling when they surrounded her.

"Danzai, I'm telling you the truth!" She shouted in hopes of getting to convince their leader.

"Oh you're telling us the truth, alright. But I want that truth acted upon. You have no right to decline my order, dear Y/N." He coldly stated and Y/N can only watch him walk away from the scene. "Take this time to reflect. Maybe your own team can snap you out to the reality you're in."

And with that, another nightmare within the Higanbana Gang occured and this time, a certain someone had enjoyed beating their vice captain who failed to keep up a fight with them.

As the sun had finally set down, a certain blond made a stop in front of the Sano's residence. By knocking twice with his trembling hands, he tried to hide the blood stain on him with the jacket he's wearing.

"Huh? Aren't you Y/N's friend?" The raven haired man was the one who opened the door and came to meet Akio in the front door. He was confused to see him come to him but it was immediately answered by the guy.

"Y-Yeah. I came to inform you that Y/N has already talked with our leader and you can continue your business in your shop by tomorrow as we'll make sure no Higanbana members will be on the watch for you." He stared at the ground.

"Ah is that so? That's a relief." Shinichiro smiled in relief but the moment he realized Akio was alone, he looked behind the guy only to find her bike parked in front. He turned to the guy to which he noticed his trembling fingers that he's trying to hide under his sleeves. His brows immediately furrow in worry as once again he felt that same heavy feeling he felt earlier this morning. "Where's Y/N? Did everything go well in their talk?" The disappointment in Shinichiro's voice is noticeable, to think that the girl didn't come to him after the talk that she even bothered to send someone to inform him about it. He felt dejected.

'Does she really not want to be with me that much?'

"Yes." Akio answered stiffly and the raven haired male only let out a defeated sigh, accepting what was given to him.

"That's good then. If something goes wrong, I'll be the one to talk with your leader so make sure Y/N won't get into trouble because of a misunderstanding." He said to the blond but he noticed how he froze on his place the moment he talked about Y/N. However before he could add to his words, Akio looked up from the ground and stare at him in the eye.

Shinichiro's eyes almost widen when he caught sight of the blood in Akio's shirt's collar but then he realized that Akio's also a delinquent so it must be pretty normal for him to get stained by that disgusting sticky substance. As his gaze trailed back to meet Akio's, he saw determination and concern lingering in his blue orbs.

"The issue's done. So please..."

"Stay away from Y/N."