Chapet 22: Night with Sano Siblings

3RD PERSON'S POV

"So, are you staying for the night, Y/N-chan?" The old man asked as he sat across the two on the dining table who are currently having their late dinner.

"Ah no. I don't want to disturb, I can just call for someone to pick me up." Ears of the raven haired man perked up at this and he turned his head to the girl with a serious expression.

"Stay." She looked at him, brows raised in confusion. That wasn't their original plan. She was just supposed to stop by until the rain stops before she can go home but it seems like Shinichiro had other in mind as he spoke. "It's already late. It's dangerous for you to go out at this time of night." As he said this, Emma's eyes glinting in excitement snapped to their direction.

"Shin's right. Stay for the night, Y/N-nee. You can sleep in my room and we can play together!" She exclaimed like a lively kid she is with a smile. Y/N smiled back at her softly.

"That's so nice of you, Emma."

"Wait—you're really going to sleep with her??" Shinichiro asked with a frown on his face to which made the girl beside him confused.

"Why?"

'He asked me to stay and now he's complaining?' Was what she thought as she gave him a weird look.

"N/N, aren't I your boyfriend here?" Like a kid, Shinichiro sulked at her causing them to laugh when a voice cut through their laughter.

"So you two are really back together?" Their heads turn to the entrance where a blond boy walked in with a blank look on his face.

"Come on, Mikey! Can't you be glad that Shin's not going to get rejected by girls again?" Emma interrupted making Y/N stiffle a laughter. Looking down, she did her best to suppress the sound of her laughter threatening to come out loud. Shinichiro immediately noticed this and face had started to warm and redden in embarrassment.

"O-Oi! That's not supposed to come out, Emma—and Y/N don't laugh as if you've rejected me, too!" He mocked the girl but the H/C haired girl only raised an eyebrow at him.

"Accept it, Shinichiro. It's only me who can't reject you." She raised her fingers, pinching his left cheek to which he slightly pouted.

"How can you say that without getting embarrassed??"

Everyone in the room laughed except for a particular blond who only went for a glass of water then left the room, ignoring them completely.

Eventually, they finished eating and washing the dishes but before the dark haired boy can get to his lover, his little sister had beat him to it already as she pulled on Y/N's arm, inviting her to her room. And she agreed to do so after letting Shinichiro know about it and they left with the blond girl sticking her tongue out to her brother teasingly as if saying she's won. As soon as the two girls got in the room, within a blink of an eye, they were already catching up on everything they missed with each other while cleaning and getting ready for the night.

Meanwhile inside the other sibling's room, Shinichiro sat beside Mikey on the bed as they discuss matters with each other about the news.

"She's a good person, Mikey. You know that."

"But she cheated on you." Mikey's pitch black eyes stare into the distance outside his window with a blank look. Though he's been hating on the girl, he can't deny that he's been sad without her, knowing how much they grew close with each other.

"She didn't. I only mistook her actions of something wrong. She was trying to protect me." Shinichiro stated and started to explain to his younger brother on what Y/N told him back at the lobby. The moment he started telling him, Mikey would frown from time to time, feeling bad of what happened and doubt creeping onto him at the same time.