Chapter 2: Past

SHINICHIRO'S POV

"I loved you, Y/N. So why?? Why do you have to hurt me like this?" My voice broke at the end as I try to keep myself together, wanting to convince myself that everything that's happening right now is just another nightmare of mine about us. Her eyes looked at me with a pained look and tears forming in her eyes.

"Shinichiro... you're seriously believing that crap over me?" Her voice was almost a whisper but managed to reach my ears. It hurt to hear her so broken because of me but I was hurt more. She hurt me in the way I feared most.

"You know how I am, Y/N. I trusted you with everything but why?" She knows how I have a hard time trusting once again once it was broken. And right now, she broke my trust for her. Everything between us is shattering right in front of my eyes as I watch her beg for me to believe her. But my mind doesn't even process her words in my mind and all I can hear is the rumors about her and even the image I had in my mind.

'That fucking image that I can never get off my mind.'

"Shinichiro, please." Her tears had tainted her cheeks as she tried to grab hold of me but in an instant I took a step back and away from her touch. I saw her flinch when I did so.

I can't help but regret that action but I just can't do it anymore. I don't even want to look her in the eyes, not because she's hurt but because all I can see is the image of her cheating with my bestfriend. I released a heavy sigh and turned to the door.

"I'm leaving."

"Shi-" I heard rushed footsteps nearing me and felt a hand grabbing my arm. Immediately, I swat her hand away in disgust as images flashed in my mind once again.

A loud crash of the vase hitting the ground and breaking echoed in the room. I watched the pieces lie on the ground and the water dripping from the vase, wetting the wooden floor. There also lied the flowers I gave her just yesterday before everything escalated into a nightmare for us. As silence took over, I was snapped back to reality and realized what I just did.

'Did I hit her?'

I look up from the floor only to meet her pained expression as she watch me while clutching to her right hand that I assumed hit the vase when I pushed her. Almost in an instant, I felt my knees weaken at the sight in front of me.

She's looking at me with a hurt look in her face but tears were no longer rushing down her cheeks. Her eyes stared but I can no longer see the bright light in those E/C orbs that I love so much. I extended my arm towards her trembling figure, slowly feeling regret wash over me.

"I-I'm so-" My apology was cut off when she took a step back. No, she wasn't scared of me because of what I just did... rather, she's hurting inside because of it. And it breaks my heart to see the one I love take a step back from my reach.

"... Fine."

'No, I regret pushing you.'

'Please, don't take a step further.'

I want to reach her again but she already turned her back at me without giving me another glance.

"Leave." She mumbled lowly but enough for me to hear. However, the next words that left her mouth was what made my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

"Shinichiro Sano, today our relationship ends here."

Those were the last words I heard from her as days passed by in a flash and before I knew it, I already left her country and went back to Japan without forming a closure between the two of us. I never thought that a day will come where I'll see her again. And now, here she stand, letting out a much more attracting aura than before.

I stare at the girl in front of me. Even from afar, she already managed to catch my attention. I wasn't able to recognize her earlier due to the distance but now that we're up this close, I cannot be mistaken. Although she looked a lot mature than when I last saw her. It is indeed her. The person who managed to cage my heart with hers. I can't help but look at her with eyes full of longing for the person I love. No matter how hurt I was back then, I still can't seem to unlove her no matter what I do. It felt like something was telling me not to and that I shouldn't.

"Y/N." I unconsciously whispered her name. Throughout the years, I've been trying to distract myself from the thought of her. This felt like the first time I said her name out loud.

"You know each other??" Our heads whipped to the voice of her friend as she and Takeomi gave us a shock look.

"Ye-" I was about to answer when Y/N's voice cut me off making me turn my head to her direction only to find her staring at me. But no, it didn't give me that warm feeling like before... tonight, it gave me a cold feeling as she stare at me blankly. I can't even see any emotion in her eyes anymore unlike before.

Did she move on from me already?

As much as I hate to admit it, it hurt to think that she's doing great without me.

"If I recall it right, we went to the same school once." I watch her as she turn back to look at her friend. It's true that we went to the same school. It was in high school that I went to the Philippines as an exchange student and that's when I met her. However, it felt like she was lying as she didn't really tell them what we were to each other in the past as if she's acting like she doesn't know me personally. Though, I have no right to protest. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sano." She turned back to me and bowed.

"L-Likewise." Suddenly, I felt an arm placed on my shoulders with my friend, Takeomi pulling me closer.

"Loosen up, Shin. She won't eat you." He laughed then turned to the two. My eyes still landed on the girl in front of me who seemed to be an angel in my sight with black clothing. "I'm sorry. He just really gets nervous around girls." The two laughed as Suzuki spoke up.

"I can totally see that."

Y/N only looked to the side, looking uninterested at the subject. Of course, she's the one who knows it more than anyone. She knows me best. But does she still remember? I don't know why fate decided to make us crash into each others' paths once again but I'm more than thankful that I get to see her again.

L/N Y/N, it's been awhile.

Oh how I'd want to tell her that and give her a hug afterwards for not seeing each other for a long time. If only we split up in good terms... or if only we didn't break up.

If only that didn't happen.