Chapter 8: Search

3RD PERSON'S POV

Shinichiro still can't get the thought off his head the moment Y/N's face started to turn red when she realized what he just said. And the way she turned so abruptly to the other direction and didn't even try to look him in the eye anymore was too 'adorable' for him to bear. For a moment there, he can tell that he saw the old Y/N in her. The one who would show her lovely reactions so freely without even trying to keep up her composure.

As soon as they got out of an alleyway, a bike all too familiar to the two stopped right in front of them. Shinichiro immediately recognized the rider and went in front of the girl to shield her from him with his arm raised in front of her. The rider only gave him a funny look as he's acting all too protective to the girl when he shouldn't even be. Y/N took a step forward and placed her hand on his arm, lowering it down.

"It's fine." She reassured him and went to the guy on the bike. "Akio?"

Shinichiro raised his brows at the two. He thought the members are after them and yet here she was approaching one of their members without a single worry. As soon as the girl neared Akio, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him while glaring at the raven haired man.

"Y/N, did he do something to you?" He asked with a threatening tone as he squint his eyes at the leader of Black Dragon. His words were heard by the man behind the girl and he looked at him in surprise.

'So, they think I took her away from them? Was that the reason why they're all over my shop this morning?'

Y/N only shook her head, no.

"No, you're acting as if he's a criminal." She removed his hand from her wrist and bopped her head once, telling him to spill what he wanted to say. Akio shifted his eyes from Shinichiro to Y/N then vice versa. And seeing as the two didn't look like they hold a pressured aura around them, he released a relieved sigh, trusting his vice captain completely.

"Tomoe... he saw you being carried by him last night." He nod to Shinichiro's direction and the raven haired cursed inwardly for being too careless in what happened. But what can he say? He was just too worried to pay attention to such things. "I followed you guys last night to make sure you're safe but I was tracked down by Tomoe. I'm sorry." Shinichiro's ears perked up at his words.

'So, he was the one I saw at the corner last night.'

He thought to himself and somehow adored the guy's concern for the girl.

"Then?" His face suddenly became too serious to Shinichiro's liking and he knew in an instant, it's not a good news he's about to tell them.

"They're in search for you. They think you were kidnapped by the Black Dragon for attacking their leader." The girl let out a sigh—a mixture of sigh of relief that they didn't think of her as a traitor and an exasperated sigh, knowing she'll have to deal with this on her own with how Higanbana take care of things like this. Shinichiro on the other hand, gulped loudly, getting nervous that he was accused of kidnapping a gang member even though he don't do business like that.

"Half of the gang together with the captains went in search for the Black Dragon's members. It's just a few in here waiting if you're going to show up from inside the shop to confirm the suspicions." He pertained to the ones surrounding Shinichiro's bike shop. The girl nodded her head and turned to a visibly nervous Shinichiro.

"Inform your members of an incoming ambush. They might get hurt when caught off guard by our members." There was no hint of arrogance in her tone. The raven haired man's eyes widen in realization. He has been too focused on the topic about Y/N that he didn't realized that his members might be in danger as of the moment since the Higanbana's in search for them. Right now, he's starting to curse himself for being stupid and not being wary of his actions last night. "Higanbana doesn't trust anyone from outside the gang so they won't believe a word they'll say."

"Here." Akio has already got off the bike and he swing a keychain with the bike's key around his finger in front of the girl. She accepted it and took the only helmet placed at the back of the seat. "Thought you'll be needing this so I had to lie a little bit to your brother to let me borrow this baby here." Akio shrugged before patting the seat and inserted his hands in his pockets, backing away from the bike.

Meanwhile Shinichiro had witnessed the scene in front of him and almost let out a shout. It was her bike all along! He never knew this is what she meant when she spoke of her bike back at the restaurant. Well, it wasn't too much of a surprise since Y/N's family is indeed wealthy and can afford it anytime but damn was he startstruck.

"Don't tell anyone else I was here." The H/C haired girl made her way to Shinichiro and without a word placed the helmet on top of the male's head, locking it in place. He gave her a shocked look as she turned back to her bike. "Let's go." He started the vehicle and waited for him to follow.

"Where to? And shouldn't you be the one wearing this??" Shinichiro asked and started to unclasp the helmet when the girl stopped him by grabbing ahold of his wrist.

"You need to go home. I will talk to them. And no, I don't want to be the cause of someone's death for my driving." Though she meant it like she's being selfish for not wanting to take responsibility in case something happens, Y/N can't deny that she's just worried for the guy, knowing how even his body is too fragile especially when he's still wounded around the head. However, Shinichiro only looked at her as if she's grown multiple heads.

"What? No. I can't leave you alone with those guys. I'll go with you. I'll talk with them, too." He can't help but feel like something else will go wrong because of the heaviness he's feeling in his chest for some unknown reason. And the thought of leaving the issue to her felt too dangerous in his mind as if he feared something for her sake.

"Did you forget what I just said?" The girl only looked at him blankly, repeating her previous words. "Higanbana doesn't trust anyone outside the gang and you..." she pointed her finger at him. "You have been considered as our enemy. They would most likely beat you up before we can even convince them. You have sloppy fighting skills, don't you?"

"But—what if they hurt you?" In the corner of his eye, Shinichiro noticed how Akio reacted at his words by stiffening and immediately looked away with a sigh. This reaction didn't help lessen his worries especially when he was replied with silence. For once, he felt as if he's being left out at something. As if the two had the same thought that he don't know of.

And it doesn't give him a pleasant feeling.

He stared at the girl who looked back to the front and didn't bother to meet his gaze once more.

"They won't. Now, hop on."