Chapter 9: Cheater

SHINICHIRO'S POV

"Dragon incoming!!" Someone busted through the entrance, rushing to the back of the room and hiding behind one of our classmates while giggling. A few seconds later, a familiar girl with H/C colored hair tied up in a messy bun walked in while drinking the can of soda in her right hand. I felt my cheeks heat up at the sight of her.

She was the same girl I bumped into earlier and to make things more embarrassing for me, we ended up in the same club although I doubt she remembers me. I looked at my friend, Kian who's already giving me a teasing look as he's the one who's aware of what happened earlier and since then, ceaselessly teased me about her, telling me I was too starstrucked when we bumped into each other. I quickly avert my gaze from him to avoid more teasing and continued cleaning so I can go home early.

From my peripheral vision, I saw her stop right in front of a seat and stared at the white bag seated on it. Her relaxed face switched into a scowl and she gave everyone a glare in the room.

"YOU MORONS!! WHO TIED MY BAG'S STRAP TO THE CHAIR AGAIN?!" Some of us flinched at the loudness of her voice while some laughed and started pointing fingers.

"I didn't!"

"It was Shinichiro!" My eyes widen when I heard Kian mention my name and everyone turned their heads towards my direction including her.

"Eh?!" I gave him a 'what-the-hell?' look and gulped when I notice the girl walk up to me slowly. I froze on my place and even the rest of our clubmates are confused as to why I was the one blamed when I didn't do anything. I can't even look her in the eyes! And hello? I'm still new to this school for me to pick fights.

She stopped right in front of me with a blank look on her face and pointed at her bag.

"Untie it this instant."

"B-But—" My words were cut off when I caught sight of my friend behind her giving me a thumbs up with a wide smile on his face. The rest were also watching him and immediately got the idea as they also made supporting gestures making me drop my jaw. Should I really waste this opportunity to talk to her? Of course not. "Y-Yes."

As soon as I knelt down in front of her seat to untie her bag from the chair, she quickly left the room without giving me a chance to say anything. I only sighed out loud and started untying.

"It's too tight." I groaned to myself when I can't even pull a single strap loose.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I saw Kian give me a wink before slipping his bag on his shoulder and telling me he's going home. After bidding our goodbyes, I continued with the struggle but still can't get an improvement as it's tied up in a tight knot. The rest had also left the room and it was only a few of us left yet there is still no sign of the girl coming back.

'Am I even going home at this point?'

"You're not done yet?" I jumped when I heard a voice behind me and saw her leaning on a desk, watching me struggle.

"Almost done." I sweatdropped and gave her a smile. She nodded and came closer, extending her arm to me. I looked up and see she's handing me a can of soda. I look back at her but she only raised her eyebrows in a second, telling me to accept the can and I did, opening it and took a sip after thanking her.

My eyes roam around the room only to notice that it's only us left inside. Did I really took too much time just to end up with no progress??

"Are those morons bullying you?" I blinked twice at her question and quickly shook my head, no. "For real?" She gave me a concerned look while chugging down her drink so I nod my head in confirmation. I think she had the wrong idea of them putting the blame on me. I don't know which one is more embarrassing—being bullied or being set up to have a chance to talk to her just because I don't have the courage to do the first move.