Chapter 27: Theme Park

YOUR POV

I froze on my tracks when the boys led us to an entrance at a place I never expected to go.

"Theme park?" I blurted out unconsciously and I saw Rin giving me a worried look, knowing exactly the reason why I avoid this type of places everywhere.

"Let's go." I heard Shinichiro said, squeezing my hand in his. I almost melt when I saw him smiling at me innocently. "I remember you always telling me you want to go to one with me someday. Didn't your father used to take you to places like this when you were a kid?"

That's right. He doesn't know about it yet. My father used to take me and my brother to theme parks when we were younger. It was the best memory I had with him... but ever since I lost him and grandpa, I can't help but feel down everytime I encounter things that make me remember my past memories with them. I've been close to my father's side of the family and it caused a huge impact to me when they met their end. And so as much as possible, I kept avoiding stuffs like this, knowing damn well I haven't moved on fully from their deaths yet.

Shinichiro must've noticed my sudden gloominess and Rin's concerned look on her face that he gave my hand another squeeze.

"Are you alright? Do you not want to go?" His smile was now replaced with a worried frown and I felt bad seeing him like this. This is our first date in getting back together, after all. I can't just let it go to waste and disappoint him. Quickly missing his cheerful smile, I shook my thoughts away.

"No. We should. It's been awhile since my last visit." I smiled and pulled him towards the entrance, ignoring their worry.

~ t i m e s k i p ~

Eventually, we went to multiple rides together until the rollercoaster one that we had to take a break for a moment because Shinichiro's stomach got upset after the ride. I guess he still really is not good in dealing with rides.

I smile as we walk together while Rin and Takeomi were out on another ride. Even though he's having difficulties with rides, he still wanted to do it to accompany me. And to be honest, it's one of the sweetest things he's done to me. He would always do things out of his league if it meant to please our relationship and I'm more than lucky to have someone like him who's willing to go that far for me.

We stopped by an ice cream stand and I chuckle.

"Ice cream? In this cold weather?" I asked and he turned to me with his brows shot up.

"Well, you used to buy us ice cream everytime we go out before because it was your favorite." Knowing that he still remembers such small detail of me makes me smile. Even if I'm not really into ice cream today as I was before, it makes me want to go obsess over it once again just because it's what he still thinks I am. Suddenly, his expression changed as if he just realized something. "Wait—you're cold?"

"Don't worry. Not too much." I shook my head to reassure him but he ignored it, ready to take off his outwear and I knew exactly what he's trying to do so I quickly stop him. "Don't remove your jacket. It's cold so you shouldn't take it off."

"But what about you?" He asked in concern.

"My clothes aren't thin, Nichi. You don't have to worry."

After buying my favorite flavored ice cream, we sat down on a bench to rest for awhile as we wait for the other two and soon enough, their voices were heard from a distance and we decided to eat something before leaving since it's getting late.

The whole time, I can feel someone's gaze on me as I take bites on my burger but I made sure to keep my eyes on the food alone until Rin spoke up, excusing themselves.

"Oi you two! Omi and I are going for a little stroll. Enjoy your food~"

She didn't even wait for a response that she immediately pulled Takeomi with her, leaving me with Shinichiro. Why do I have a feeling that she did something on purpose again? With the way she threw a wink at me before linking her arms with the guy, I knew immediately that she's trying to give us time like what she promised earlier.

"Nichi, the food's on the table, not on my face." I finally turned to the raven haired man sitting beside me who had his cheek against his palm.

"What? Can't I watch my girlfriend eat?" He beamed and I only squint my eyes at him to ignore the blush creeping on my cheeks at his corny line, seeing as he's still not done with the food he's eating.

All of a sudden, a tiny voice cut through our silence and I turn to see a kid holding out a white rose to me. He is wearing a cute childish costume and on his other hand were a few more stems of roses.

"A rose for a pretty girl like you." He smiled sweetly and I felt my heart melt at his cuteness.

"Aw thank you." I accepted the rose from him with a smile. However, as soon as I turn back, I heard a snap of a camera from beside me and I look back at the kid, seeing him beam with a wide grin as he look at the picture of me that he's taken before giving me a compliment and dashing through the crowd.

"Now that's one beautiful smile I've been looking for." I glance back at Nichi who said something under his breath that I failed to catch up on.

"Hm? Did you say something?"

"Nothing. I'll be back quick. I have to use the restroom." He said and went stood up quickly, jogging to a direction that made me confused... because the restroom is actually located on the opposite. But before I could even call out to him, a voice I didn't expect to hear already made its way to my ears.

"Going on a date with the Black Dragon's leader I see." I whip my head towards the direction of a gamiliar guy with a blond shoulder length hair and I gritted my teeth. Kuro Tenshi's head.

"Saito."

"Are you trying to gather information about them, too? I wouldn't doubt it. Higanbana is full of rats." He chuckled, taking a seat in front of me and I mustered every tiny bit of patience left in me to keep myself composed after hearing those words.

"I am NOT doing this for Higanbana." He only cackled, giving me an amused and mocking look.

"Oh now what? Are you gonna say it's because of a stupid thing called love? Please, don't kid around me, dear." Saito waved his hand in front, still giggling giving me goosebumps. But the moment his face expression became blank was what gave me chills. "If I were you, I'd leave that guy immediately...unless you really have intentions regarding their gang being at the top." I always see him getting crazy when he encounters Danzai who has been his rival for years but the look he's giving me was pure despise even when I barely had the opportunity to interact with him.

"What the hell is your problem, Saito?"

"You. You are the problem." His voice darkened and his face was shadowed as he stare at me dead in the eye. "Not only are you a Higanbana member but you're also hanging around with the Black Dragon's leader."

"I don't see you relating to it at all." I balled my hands into fists in annoyance, gathering all my strength to prevent me from starting a fight with him. I don't like starting fights without an official announcement from the gang but this guy pisses me off for some reason.

"Oh you will. Soon, that is." He flashed me a mischievous smirk before standing up and walking away from the scene.

That is when I realized that I have been holding my breath the whole time. For some reason, I felt fear in meeting his gaze. This was the first time he's look at me that way.

What a creep.