Chapter 33: Jealousy

SHINICHIRO'S POV

"SHIN! We know you're worried and mad but you need to control your bike's speed or you'll lose control of it! Don't be so reckless or you won't be able to reach her in time!" I heard Takeomi shout from behind me as he tried to match my speed. Finally realizing that I'm pushing my bike to its speed limit, I tried to calm myself down.

"Fuck!" I shouted in frustration. The moment I left the hospital, I had to contact all the members of Black Dragon that I can reach to help me as Akio had warned me already about their gang and as much as I hate it, I can't really fight all that well to defend her by myself from a bunch of delinquents. A lot of time has already passed as I also had to explain everything to them and I have no idea what is happening now with Y/N and the Higanbana. The unsettling feeling within me isn't helping either. We're not headed to the Higanbana quarters and I can only hope that we'll be able to reach her in time.

I gripped the handlebar tight in my hand, wanting to dash my way to her in a second.

"Y/N, please be alright."

We soon reached the place of Higanbana and without even bothering to park my bike in a safer place, I quickly ran towards the source of sound to which my fellow members followed. As soon as we reached the top of the stairs, I found a rather familiar fighre standing in the middle with her back slightly crouched as her upper body heaved up and down, indicating her exhaustion at the moment. On the ground were a few guys who were knocked out unconscious but there were more surrounding her who still stood while catching their own breath. By the scene that laid in front of our eyes, anyone can tell that they've been fighting for awhile now.

However...

"Y/N!!" My eyes widened when her body went limp causing her to kneel on the ground with a thud. Hearing my voice, they all turned to our direction but I can only see her shocked expression at my sudden presence.

"Nichi?"

As her attention was on me, a random guy from the front launched at her and my instincts immediately told me to go after her.

"GET AWAY FROM HE—" Before I could take another step, I felt a breeze pass by beside me and before I knew it, Wakasa was already in front of her and had already kicked the guy to the ground.

The frustration of not being able to come to her aid in time started building up in me. I cursed my ability inwardly.

If only I can fight like Keizo.

If only I'm as fast as Waka.

"Wakasa?" I froze on my spot when I heard Y/N say his name and I look at them in confusion. Wakasa turned to look at her with a smile.

Do they know each other?

"S'been awhile, Princess. Can you stand?" For some reason, a pang in my heart was felt especially at how he addressed her. Y/N chuckled with a shake of her head and stood up from the ground behind Waka. I somehow felt threatened at the sight of the two of them together who looked like they're ready to fight on each others' side.

"What is the Black Dragon doing here?" I snapped out of my trance when I heard a familiar voice from afar and indeed I wasn't wrong when I spot the leader of Higanbana smoking, watching everything from the shadows.

"We came to pick up someone and to face a certain gang who tried to infiltrate us." Takeomi was the one who answered, cracking his knuckles.

"A delinquent or not, you're not supposed to hit a girl, you know... especially if it's our leader's girl." I heard Wakasa added and I felt my throat go dry at his words.

So he does recognize Y/N as... mine. Was that the reason why he called her that?

Stupid Shin.

Shaking my thoughts away, I held my head high and glared at Danzai as I slowly walk towards Y/N who watched my every move.

"I've let it slide the first time but why are you beating up your own members?"

"A simple answer. I hate weak members. Though Y/N's a strong one, she needs to be taught a lesson for disobeying her superior." He smiled and I gritted my teeth. He's out of his mind. How did even Y/N ended up with them when she doesn't even fit in this type of ruling?

"Shin..." I stopped in front of her and finally my gaze left Danzai's and I stare at Y/N. She looked worried of me for some reason but ignoring the look she's giving me, I moved the hair out of her face to check her for injuries and there was one on her right cheek. I bit my lip in anger as my thumb trailed her cheek to which she wince in pain causing me to click my tongue in annoyance.

"Your orders?" Wakasa asked with a shake of his head in disapproval of what they did. Everything was silent as I eye Y/N's arm which wasn't fully healed yet, hoping they weren't able to aggravate her previous injury. With a sigh, I let out an answer.

"Teach them a lesson."

"You heard that?! Have fun, Black Dragons! We're gonna show them they picked the wrong gang to mess with!!"

Y/N was about to take a step forward when I stopped her by getting ahold of her wrist, noticing her holding onto her stomach.

"Shin—"

"Where does it hurt?" After staring at me for a few seconds, she must've noticed that I'm not letting her go until I get an answer. With a sigh, she raised her black shirt just right above her tummy revealing a progressing bruise. I really want to get back at them for what they did to her but I don't want to leave her out of my sight either. Thankfully, the others have been on the look out for any possible attacks towards us.

"I'm sorry." I gritted my teeth. "I'm sorry we're late. If only we were able to get here earlier, you wouldn't have to endure something like that again." Though I still feel mad about being innocent of everything happening to her, I can't seem to let it control me at the moment as my focus was on her safety, alone.

"We shouldn't stay here any longer. I need to take you to a safer place." I pulled her towards the entrance to where we parked the vehicles. Takeomi and the others are sure to know what to do by now. "I'll make sure Higanbana won't be able to lay another finger on you."

We managed to leave the place quickly and now I'm about to drive her home to treat her wounds but...

"Nichi."

"Yes?"

"I'll stay at the hospital tonight." With Akio again? I tightened my grip on the handlebar for some reason feeling the annoyance and jealousy crawl up to my chest. I have just found out about her and Wakasa for knowing each other without letting me know. And even though I shouldn't complain, I can't help but feel jealous of it, knowing he's got more of the good qualities than me.

I felt... threatened.

"But you need to go home." I answered in a stiff manner.

"I can't let my mother see me like this. She'll be worried." I felt her grip on my shirt tighten as she sat behind me.

"Then stay with me." I replied without any hesitation and she went silent for a moment.

"Wouldn't that be a bother?" I turned my head to the side, watching her from the corner of my eye and I saw her tilting her head to the side to meet my gaze. Pulling my hand, I placed it on hers that gripped on my shirt, squeezing her hand in reassurance.

"You're never a bother, Y/N."

A/N:
Waka—👀