Chapter 26: Visit

YOUR POV

As I'm jotting down notes from the class, I can feel a pair of blue eyes burning holes into the side of my head. I sigh, feeling uncomfortable by the person's nonstop gaze. As soon as the bell rang, signalling for the class to end, I decided to ask.

"Do you need something, Rin? You've been staring." I saw her shift in her seat in the corner of my eyes, leaning closer to my face and studying me with a slight pout on her lips.

"You look bright today."

"Do I really?" My brows shot up and I turn to look at my reflection through my laptop screen, trying to take a good look of which part of my appearance is that bright as that comment of hers. I don't really find any noticeable changes physically. "Your aura today is angelic. Did something happen?" She retreated back to lean on her desk with her arm as her body was slightly turned to my direction. At her question, I immediately felt a warm feeling creeping up on my cheeks, realizing what she meant.

I'm indeed in a good mood.

"W-Well..." I started to fiddle with my fingers, trying to find the right words to say. I haven't told her yet about me and Shinichiro getting back together because I've been busy but now I feel nervous as if it's a secret to keep.

Before I could even continue, I heard her gasp dramatically beside me. I look up at her to see her covering her mouth with her hand as she stare at me wide eye in shock as if she has read my thoughts.

"Is it... oh my God, it's him, isn't it??" Him. I nod my head slowly in response and she started squealing, catching the attention of many. I quickly shushed her but she only grabbed my arm, shaking me aggressively from side to side in excitement. "SPILL."

With a sigh, I told her everything that happened as her eyes were focused on me, listening to every word I say. She's that interested. I can't blame her. She's been trying to set me up with multiple men but I obviously turned down all of them without thinking twice but with Shinichiro, I'm sure she sensed everything fishy with me and even managed to get it out of me.

"So, you're really back together after four years. You guys are making me cry." She wiped a fake tear and sobbed with a hand on her chest when I was done telling everything that has happened. "Make sure you guys make it 'til the end. I can't wait to watch you two on the aisle."

"That's too soon, Rin." Though inside, I felt warm at the thought of having to marry him someday. It might be a high dream to reach as we don't have any idea of what the future holds for us but I sincerely hope, everything will end up on the right path.

"It's not! We're nearly graduating! Don't be so negative." She slapped my arm and I shook my head, chuckling at her words when my phone rang all of a sudden.

I pull it out and saw Tomoe's name pop on the screen. What does he want now? Of all captains and vice captains in a gang, it's the two of us that just can't get along well... outside of the fighting grounds, that is.

"Wait, I need to take this call." I excused myself and answered his call.

"Tomoe." From the corner of my eye, I saw Rin whipped her head to me in a flash.

"Y/N, there will be a meeting tonight. Make sure you come. Danzai requested you exclusively for some things." Oh yeah, it's been more than a week that I wasn't able to attend since I was at the hospital. Though, they usually hold meetings at the end of the week. I wonder what came up.

"I'll be there after school." I noticed Rin's shoulder rose as she was ready to spill her words and I quickly hold my finger up to keep her quiet.

"Good, see 'ya!" Quickly ending the call, I turn to her as she loudly spoke.

"HAAAA?? Isn't he one of the guys who beat you up in that stupid gang?? What do you mean you'll be where after school??"

"The gang has a meeting I need to attend to later."

"You're going??" She threw me a look of disbelief and I nod, not seeing what's wrong with it. I mean I am in a gang so it's expected to have a meeting and getting beaten up was partly Higanbana's discipline on its members. It's the reason people feared us, as well. "You're kidding, right? You're not seriously going to face them after what they did to you."

"I need to fix things up with the gang, too." Maybe, that's why Danzai asked for me. There's still a possibility I can talk him out of it. Black Dragon isn't really our enemy on this one. They just fell into Kuro Tenshi's trap too, I wouldn't doubt it, knowing how Saito can be such a snake.

"Y/N, you can't be serious. What if they plan on doing worse??"

"I'll be fine. Akio will be there, too." I reassured her but throughout the day, Rin still tried her best to talk me out of it, hoping I'll take back my decision.

The classes ended early today and we made our way to the gates with Rin still bothering me about the meeting, already begging me not to go. Thankfully, a familiar voice yelled out from a distance, catching her full attention.

"RIIINN!!" There by the gates stood two men waving at us. I smiled when I saw him standing beside his friend with a wide smile on his face.

"OMIII!" She ran up to the boy with the same enthusiasm.

As soon as I reached them, Shinichiro engulfed my frame in a tight hug, kissing the top of my head in the process and I chuckle, returning the hug.

"I didn't know you're coming."

"Surprise, I guess?" He smiled as we pull back. From my peripheral vision, I can see the two eyeing us intently.

"How are you feeling?" It's been two days now since he got a fever and I made sure to visit him everyday and glad to see him recovering.

"Better than ever."

"So, what brought you guys here?" I glanced at Takeomi and turned back to him.

"You." He answered in a beat and I quickly pinch his side when the two beside us started snickering. It caused him to tilt his upper body to the side, making me chuckle at the sight. "I wanted to drop you off to work tonight."

"I have no work today, Nichi. I'm having a break since exams are coming. Gin will handle in my place." I replied and his smile widen and eyes glimmered in excitement.

"Then we can go on a date today." My brows shot up at his words. Now that I think of it, I really haven't gone on a real date with him yet because that blind date really doesn't count.

"Oh! Why don't we go on another double date?" I whipped my head to Rin's direction who ignored my look. She knows I still have a meeting to attend to. Is she doing this on purpose to make me stay away from the gang?

"Sounds like a great idea." Takeomi agreed. Wait a minute—

"But Rin—"

"You can't say no, Y/N!" There goes my answer. She really is doing it on purpose. The lengths this girl would go to satisfy her concerns. "We'll keep our distance so you two can have your lovey dovey moments, too." She joked and I felt my face heat up immediately.

"Rin!"

They only laughed and started walking to a direction and I could only stare at their figures. Should I really just ditch the meeting today? I really can just give an excuse but I really do want to clear things up this early already.

"So, are we coming?" Shinichiro's voice cut through my thoughts and I turn to see a hopeful expression on his face. He wouldn't like the idea of me going to the meeting too when he's aware of what really happened by now. Rin would definitely tell him the reason of me not going to make him stop me.

I guess I can just inform Akio of my absence since he'll be there.

"It wouldn't hurt, I guess." I smiled and my heart raced when his face brightened. He took my hand, intertwining our fingers and walked side by side, following the two.