Chapter 14 - Meeting the Young Master

Start bij het begin

It was already past midnight and the knight's birthday was already over now.

He was stunned to see the slightly dark expression and feeling Gideon was emitting.

"T-To talk about our household," He told the knight and Gideon did not respond for a second.

'He could be upset that I interrupted his storytelling, right?' He asked himself.

"Is there a problem?" He asked cautiously but the unpleasant atmosphere from his younger brother immediately disappeared.

"If that were the case then I could not help you, brother" Gideon spoke and his eyes widened with the response.

"Why not?"

"The young master is someone who judges a person's potential on how they talk firsthand. If I were to help you with talking to the young master then wouldn't my master see you as a coward?" Gideon asked and disbelief spread across his brother's face.

"You called me a coward?" He spoke with his expression still in shock.

What was this?

The Gideon he knew changed.

It was not the same person who did not bother with anyone else unless it was about the sword. It was as if Gideon took a one hundred and eighty degrees turn with his attitude and he was now devoted to the young master instead of swordsmanship.

"Brother, you knew about House Cornell, am I correct?" Gideon asked and his brother who was still in a state of surprise nodded his head slowly.

"The young master took control of their household in just a day" With just a single phrase, Gideon's brother's entire world froze and his eyes held the surprise of the year.

His mouth was agape and his eyebrows almost disappeared under the strands of hair that was poking down from his head as they rose too high.

"A... a day?" He asked in utter disbelief to the words Gideon had said.

'No, this is preposterous!' He thought as he knew about House Cornell well.

It had the same nobility status as them of an Earldom and House Cornell specialized in playing in the field of the textile industry.

They hold a considerable amount of power within the Kingdom's textile business that amongst all the other Earldoms in the kingdom, they were known to be included at the strongest and most influential.

Yet a single person made them surrender in a single day?

Even the Countdom who took over their household took decades of struggles against each other until they fully grabbed the Woodlock Earldom down in their control.

He had a questioning look on his face but Gideon's serious expression was proving him otherwise.

"Brother, my master is powerful enough that if you upset him, consider you and everyone around you dead" Gideon explained and his brother caught the shivers from the knight's words.

"C-Come on, do not joke around like that!" He tried to lighten the mood but Gideon still had that serious look.

"That is why I served the young master, brother. He has the capability to reach the top even without trying" Gideon spoke with admiration and sincerity that his brother found such thing to be absurd.

'Reach the top without trying?' He adjusted the glasses on his face.

He'll find out for himself when he speaks directly with the noble of the highest rank.