The Great Walmart Escapade

Start from the beginning

"Let me guess, Yelena didn't bother stopping you, huh?" Natasha asked, gathering some water from the faucet in her hands and splashing it onto her face as she rinsed some of the sweat away.

"She actually encouraged me to," Carol acknowledged with a slight cough as she tried to keep her stomach's contents where they belonged.

"That sounds like her," Natasha chuckled a bit, and Carol sighed slightly, leaning on the counter.

"Why does she hate me?" Carol questioned with a small humorless laugh.

"She doesn't hate you. She's just... really withdrawn around new people," Natasha explained carefully, lowering her voice a bit so that Yelena would not overhear. She approached the opposite side of the counter island to increase the privacy of their conversation as she wiped her face with a hand towel.

"She seemed to take to the Avengers pretty well," Carol expressed, and Natasha shrugged slightly, looking in the direction that Yelena had disappeared to.

"She gets kind of standoffish with new female people," Natasha added to her previous explanation just a bit more, and Carol had a strong feeling that Natasha knew more than she was letting on. However, the redhead was obviously not going to release any more information than she already had.

"I wonder why," Carol spoke, trying in vain to see if Natasha would give her more, but Natasha simply shrugged with what Carol was sure was mock uncertainty.

"What if you came with us to Walmart? We were both going to go after my run, and it might give you guys a chance to spend some time together," Natasha told her, and Carol nodded.

"That would be great."

"Natashka, you ready to go? Sunny, it was good seeing you and all, but we have to leave," Yelena declared as she strode into the room, grabbing Natasha's hand and practically dragging her toward the door. Natasha resisted Yelena's tugs, a slight smirk on her face, and Carol raised an eyebrow.

"Yelena, we can't go yet, I haven't changed."

"Oh, okay. Well, make it fast. I'll take care of our guest," Yelena pointed out, shooting an evil smirk in Carol's direction.

"Thank you, Yelena. Take her out to my car and I'll be there in a minute," Natasha told her. Yelena paused, looking at Natasha confusedly.

"What? Are we driving her to the tower on our way?"

"No, Carol's coming with us to Walmart!" Natasha called loudly, and Yelena froze. Carol almost laughed at the look on her face.

It was certainly going to be an interesting trip.

.....................................................................................................................

After much complaining and irritation on the way, they finally got to Walmart. Most of Yelena's grievances had been due to the fact that Yelena had to sit in the back of the car instead of sitting shotgun as she normally would have. However, when she was not complaining, she was spending her time trying to stick her fingers inside of Natasha's ears while she was driving.

However, they managed to get there in one piece, which Carol was extremely thankful for, and now they were in the store.

"Alright, so I'm going to go to this side and pick up some grocery items. Can you two go and pick up some Fenty for me?" Natasha questioned, and Yelena looked exceedingly displeased with this arrangement. However, Carol was just confused about what they were supposed to be buying.

"What's a Fenty?" Carol asked, and Yelena just glared at her as if she were a complete moron.

"It's a brand of makeup, dips—"