74. Intertwined Bonds

Start from the beginning

"Yes, your Majesty." Felix bowed and gestured Lucas to follow him.

Athy watched him with disgust, seeing through his innocent facade as Lucas meekly followed Felix. Before leaving, Lucas sent a discreet smirk to Athy causing her to fly into silent rage.

As Felix escorted Lucas out, he caught Claude's eyes and nodded with a meaningful look on his face. Claude sharpened eyes stared intently at Lucas who causally strode outside, feigning obliviousness to the calculated, scrutinizing gaze icily drilling on him.

"I can't believe it. I'm such a loser." You mumbled, depressive clouds hovering over your head as you weakly and limply leaned against Claude and sulked. Claude didn't complaint about your deadweight on him instead he opt to watch you, feeling incredibly nostalgic and amused.

Athy sweat-dropped at your sullen expression. You three were the only ones present in Athy's bedroom.

Athy awkwardly patted your head, her tiny hand feeling weightless. You sulked harder.

"So childish." Claude tsked sarcastically, shifting Athy away to flick your forehead.

Frowning, your rubbed the sore area, you stuck out your tongue showing your maturity and retorted snarkily "I don't want to hear that from you, you world class petty jerk."

Athy swore her heart stopped completely. She fearfully turned her head to Claude, expecting him to whip out a sword amd cut off your tongue for insolence, instead she saw a smug smirk form on her psychopathic, emotionless Father's stoic face and her jaw dropped in shock.

"I beg to differ." Claude scoffed lightly. "You were the one who admitted 'petty' was your middle name or have you forgotten already?"

You huffed, looking away as your cheeks puffed up to even bigger pout proving Claude's point. You were petty. From kid to adult that trait never changed.

Who could blame you? After all the hard work, gurelling training and nightless studies, you were tad bit upset, not with Lucas but with yourself You needed to train and expand your knowledge as a Healer so if in near future something like this occurred, you'd be ready and not be helpless about it.

A comfortable quietness instilled in the room. A peaceful tranquility washing over you as you leaned against Claude's side and watched fondly as he asked Athy about her health while Athy declined a strange kind of hesitation in her actions and expression.

You sighed a breath of content happiness, the profound joy was unlike ever you experienced. At the moment you felt top of the world, the most fortunate person to live. Nothing could match to this exhilarating, pure feeling nestled warmly in your chest.

Once Claude inspection was finished he turned to you. He paused completely and raised a eyebrow, "Why are you staring at us like that?"

"Like what?" Your fond smile widened when Claude turned disgruntled, tad bit embrassed when he couldn't find the exact word to describe your softened expression, the warmth reflected in your shimmering eyes and the feeling it evoke in him. "Like I love you and Athy so so much? It's because I do!" You beamed.

Stunned into silence, Claude blinked several times as tips of his ears turned bright red. Averting his eyes, he mumbled in small soft voice, "I know."

You flushed red when your eyes strayed to Athy and her wide saucer like eyes. You sheepishly smiled at her as her expression turned pale and panicky. Guess she wasn't ready for your relationship with Claude. And Claude's silent staring wasn't helping either.

You stomped on his feet and hissed, "Stop staring!"

Claude unfazed by your stomping, merely blinked and tilted his head almost like he was confused.