67. Horrifying Reveal

Start from the beginning

"Of course!" You patted her head fondly, smiling softly. "If it makes you happy, keep him. He seems to like you too. But you have to take great care of him, Athy."

"I will!" Athy beamed, nodding vigorously. Giggling, she spun with Raven in her arms. "Did you hear it, Raven!? You can stay! Yippee!!"

You were swept in her excitement when she launched herself in your arms with loud, gleeful 'thank yous'.

"Heh." You laughed and pinched her cheeks. She squealed, trying to dodge your hands but you kept her in hold and pressed your cheeks against her soft ones and rubbed vigorously with giddy smile.

Felix and Lily chuckled at the sidelines, eyes softened with affection. You grinned at them.

"Alright you two, enough." Lily said with a smile. "I brought you snacks. I'm sure you're hungry."

"Yes!" You and Athy shouted in sync.

When you went to eat your cake, the plate was empty. And Ether was sitting beside it, licking the crumbs.

"No!" You shouted in despair. "My cake!"

Athy went through the same despair as you. Raven had already eaten her share of cake.

"Meow." Ether innocently blinked, licking his claws. He jumped off the table, stomach full, walking to Raven and sat on him.

You blinked.

Raven let out a small whimper, otherwise stayed still. Ether made himself comfortable and closed his eyes.

"Ether!" You shouted, exasperated. "He's not mattress. Get off him!"

Ether let out growls and slid beside Raven and went back to sleep not before giving you stinky eyes. Raven stiffly sat, before he too leaned against Ether and fell asleep.

Athy cooed at the cuteness.

You sighed. "At least I know where he always disappeared off to with my snacks. He made a friend."

After playing all day with Raven, it was time bed since Athy was exhausted. Athy insisted to let Raven sleep with her. You didn't mind it though Lily was a bit reluctant.

Your eyes slid around Athy's room distracted, a empty glass in your hand. Athy had drank her milk and now Lily was singing lullaby to Athy.

You quietly listened, standing at sidelines. Lily tucked in when Athy's breathing deepened with her eyes closed.

"She's asleep." She siad softly. You nodded, eyes flickering to Athy. "You should go sleep too."

"Yeah, in a second. I've yet to give my goodnight kiss to her." You said. Lily nodded, taking the empty glass from you and wished you goodnight. You waited for her to leave. When the door clicked closed you sat on the bed at the edge.

"Athy. You can stop pretending to sleep."

You heard a quiet 'oops' before Athy slowly peeked her head out with sheepish look. Her jewelled eyes were glowing brilliantly in the dark.

"What's the matter? Why aren't you sleeping? Normally you'd fall asleep after Lily's lullaby." You said, keeping your voice low. Ether was nestled in your arms, sleeping soundly after chasing Raven around like a big bully. You gently set him beside sleeping Raven.

Athy sat up, pulling the sheet to her shoulders. Raven was softly snoring beside her. "I can't fall asleep."

"Did you eat sweets before going to bed?" You asked. You got your answer when a guilty look overcame her face. "No wonder."

You sighed and got your under the sheets. "Hmm. Let's see, what should we do? I can't sing lullaby."

"Why not?" Athy asked, leaning her head against your shoulder.